Tin Star Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
First series was good.
Second was woeful.
The third has started a little slow.

Not seen the bit with Everton coverage yet, hopefully it's positive.

The stills didn't come across very authentic Everton though...
Just watching series 1 now. The skinny lad from 51st State just isn't the same without a scouse accent.

Not overly impressed and might skip straight to series 3

Lots of Everton fans in this, all looks a bit fake (we're cheering), but still good to show viewers it's our city
The choice of showing Everton fans celebrating in the pub came after a request from Ian Hart who plays the baddie. Ian is a massive Everton fan.

Any crime series set in Liverpool tends to make me cringe. The same old worn out actors with nothing to offer like Womack and Schofield (Ian Hart gets a pass like).

Terrible apart from the free global publicity for Everton.

Plenty of Water St Mathew St and Fenwick St feature in episode 1 Fred. You also get to see plenty of Ian Hart a top Evertonian. Apart from that it's a bit meh.

Well, I decided to pretty much binge-watch all three Tin Star series because of this thread. Although I felt the show got stranger as it progressed, I did sort of enjoy it. Kind of agree with @davek though, surely we have a better crop of more talented actors in Liverpool than what the third series dredged up.

Well, I decided to pretty much binge-watch all three Tin Star series because of this thread. Although I felt the show got stranger as it progressed, I did sort of enjoy it. Kind of agree with @davek though, surely we have a better crop of more talented actors in Liverpool than what the third series dredged up.
The girl who played DI Lunt - the accent was so 'thick' I couldn't imagine any yank understanding it.

I'm just amazed that the Kopite tool from Crosby David Morrissey wasn't given a part.

The girl who played DI Lunt - the accent was so 'thick' I couldn't imagine any yank understanding it.

I'm just amazed that the Kopite tool from Crosby David Morrissey wasn't given a part.
At least she and Ian Hart are actually scouse . Some bad attempts at accents.
Incidentally, having met the rabid red Morrisey it is much better for everyone if he sticks to Brittania

Status
Not open for further replies.