Times They Are A Changing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccole

Player Valuation: £35m
Without sounding too knee-jerking, it is clear we need to have a fresh approach to our play.

Moyes has been for 10 years simply excellent but we still can't get that WIN which separates us from overachievers.

Moyes' 4-5-1 has been copied around the Prem that we simply aren't fresh, different or attractive to watch. We need change.

I don't want Moyes to leave because unless we get taken over we won't find a manager who will better him with no transfer budget or European football.

So we need to adapt our squad, backroom staff and Goodison.

Firstly, Alex Ferguson keeps his team evolving with bringing in players and selling players but he also changes his assistant every couple of years. Kidd, McClaren, Portugal ****er and Whelan. These assistants wanted to move to the next level, 1st management. In the past, we have Irvine do this & we brought in Steve Round. When we did, Round freshened up training & we improved! Now though, we are in limbo. Moyes wants to win with Everton, you cannot deny his passion.

I think Round will be happy to sit as No 2 which shows that he doesn't want to achieve bigger and better things so ask yourselves do you want someone like that at Everton.

So let's get in a new No 2. As an example, Ray Wilkins is pissing about on Sky when he has something to offer in the backroom. Let think about every aspect of Everton not just Managers and Players.

Next, we need to freshen up our XI. Moyes has his favourites understandable as he trusts their judgement and knows they do a job. These "favs" sadly are letting us down more and more. I don't doubt they love the club and will give their all but we need to think the next 5 years not next season.

Players like Cahill, Neville, Hibbert, Osman & Distin. Have been great for Everton, they have battled, fought, won and lost for the Everton cause. They all know what Everton is about. Fans want 100% if you give us that, we can accept defeat because we give it our all.

At times this season, these players have failed in this with the expection of Distin but I will get to him.

Cahill - Everton legend! Simply World Class at his peak, unstoppable, fighter, goalscorer & winner. Like all legends, you achieve this by working and fighting for the cause. However, time isn't his friend. Cahill, like Duncan, needs to find his role and sadly it is as a impact sub then 1st teamer. I hate saying it but the truth hurts, we are carrying him like a injured solider & we can't afford to do so. He was nowhere in the Semi and we know Cahill loves a Derby.

Neville - Model pro, organised and managers voice. Phil is 34 playing as rightback in a Premiership which moves at 100mph. Like Cahill, whenever he has played we seem to play Coleman in front as another rightback. So we sacrifice a more creative wideman to help Neville out. This won't do. Gary Neville did the right thing. He knew when time is up. Coaching?

Hibbert - What Hibbo doesn't do in scoring he makes up in defence and commitment. This year, he has been excellent. He should've been our rightback more this season but Neville has a slight upper hand on that spot. When he does play, he plays as a rightback but unfortunately if you look just over the field, we have the polar opposite of what our rightback should be, Baines. The games has changed. Your defence need to be able to defend and attack so sadly the days of the Hibbert will soon be gone.

Osman - For every critic theres a Fan. Ossie has always been Marmite to Evertonians for some reason. He operates very well on the floor and gets stuck in when needed. I don't want Ossie booted out because he offers alot in terms of play but I think we need to use Barkley. This kid has something and Ossie can help him. Both come through the club, both creative-minded and both good footballers. Osman should be what Barkley is aiming for. Work hard, get stuck in and try. Barkley will hopefully be a better footballer and achieve more then Osman with club (hopefully Everton) and country.

Distin - Player of the Season? I love Distin. If we had him 10 years ago, it would be a very different for us. He is a excellent Centre back who has pace, height & a good footballer. Perfect.... but he is 35 nearly 36. He has Jags breathing down his neck plus Duffy offering some use. Contract is up, isn't getting any younger, low sell on fee. Yobo Mark II?

We don't have any cash so "we got with what we got"* (Trademark David Moyes 2004) So what have we got?
Barkley
Coleman
Vellios
Duffy

These youngers have alot to offer but as Fans we must get behind them but firstly Moyes needs to see change. We have 5 games left & United next. Anyone remember a 16yr playing against Utd at Old Trafford (granted he was a cart) but I would like to see a fresh impact against the best team in the country. I don't want to rollover with what we have got.

Against Utd (bearing injuries)

Howard
Coleman
Jags
Heitinga (Capt)
Baines
Gibson
Felliani
Barkley
Pienaar
Vellios
Jelavic

That team would give Utd problems, may not **** them over the pitch but would give them a game plus test out some of the newer players and attacking formation. I seem to remember Moyes in an interview in 2002, saying "Attack is the best form of Defence." Let's f****** go for it THEN!

If your can't see that Moyes is excellent in the 10 years of Premiership football 2 failed stadium moves, fake takeovers, return to european football, highest finish since 80s, best football since 80s and brought pride back to Goodison.

Then stick your 80s VHS on and look to the past. We sing if you know your history but realistically we all want to move forward.

But unless we get a Billionaire, we can't. I take it your the same people who wanted Moyes Out replaced by the new favour of the season aka Holloway, Coyle etc.

I wrote that because I am not a kneejerker who want to just change a manager cause we never won. Boo Hoo! Moyes picked the right team but they failed him and Us.

I want to win leagues and cups but we won't if we want to keep changing managers every ****ing slip up.

From the BBC:

"Full-back Fabio Da Silva will leave Manchester United on loan next season, manager Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed."

Going on the comment about right backs, yes we have Coleman, but he seems reluctant to play him there, so is this a possibility? Seeing as we do love taking players off United.

From the BBC:

"Full-back Fabio Da Silva will leave Manchester United on loan next season, manager Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed."

Going on the comment about right backs, yes we have Coleman, but he seems reluctant to play him there, so is this a possibility? Seeing as we do love taking players off United.

It'd be nice having a right back who could attack, perhaps Moyes would be more likely to give him game time coming from United. I can't see it happening though unless Neville retires over the summer.

[Poor language removed] another loanee who will eventually go somewhere else. We need the following on perm deals:

-Pienaar
-A RB who can mirror Baines' efforts and spread our play across the park rather than just down the left
-A young CAM with creativity and a will to drive the ball forward. This could either be Rodwell (I doubt it) Barkley (I hope) or a new player.

Status
Not open for further replies.