Time To Break FFP?

Is it time to take the hit and break FFP?

• Yes

Votes: 153 70.2%
  • No

Votes: 51 23.4%
  • Maybe (give Brands 1 more window)

Votes: 14 6.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
People are aware that we aren’t Man City aren’t they? We aren’t owned by powerful people (no Usmanov does not own EFC), we aren’t representing a sovereign state and we aren’t rich enough. We would be made an example of unlike Man City who can just cheat their way out of anything.

Football is essentially pointless now because they’ve cultivated an elite in which no club is able to fall in or out of. Clubs like Everton will never ever see something like we had in the 80’s again because of this. I promise you the game is now futile if you support a club like us.
#nocans :(

People are aware that we aren’t Man City aren’t they? We aren’t owned by powerful people (no Usmanov does not own EFC), we aren’t representing a sovereign state and we aren’t rich enough. We would be made an example of unlike Man City who can just cheat their way out of anything.

Football is essentially pointless now because they’ve cultivated an elite in which no club is able to fall in or out of. Clubs like Everton will never ever see something like we had in the 80’s again because of this. I promise you the game is now futile if you support a club like us.

They would be taking to court, the wealthiest man in Russia who has links to the Russian state.

I'd also add, the precadent has been set now. Rule breaches equivalent of City's will not be punished with bans. That means a sponsor agreement, 15 times the size of the biggest in the league is now, in the precadent of European law established.

Disastrous for UEFA to take this to court and have that established. Great for clubs who want to invest, it's open season.

We don't need to break it, just continue to bend it.

I agree with your analysis here. All I would add though is that todays ruling has just added an awful lot of wriggle room with which to operate within the bends of.

City I suspect will spend a lot of money now, and essentially rub UEFA's nose in it.

There’s a million ways to fix this club and spending a load of money on players isn’t one of them.

Until we start a root and branch overhaul of the club from the academy, to the boardroom, up to the first team squad, something we should’ve done five years ago, things won’t change for the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.