Tim Howard Interview w Grant Wahl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boss interview that, despite having a court injunction banning BB from within one mile of him he loves it here. Some quotes there:

SI.com: You've been with Everton for a while now, so you must enjoy being with the club. What makes Everton special?
Howard: The history. Every club has history, but it's been branded as the people's club. Even Landon has come here and been welcomed with open arms. It wasn't, "You have to prove yourself to us." The players and the fans have really embraced him. He's done well. But for me this has become my home. I have a real sense of belonging, and I feel like I'm a small piece of the fabric of this club. It's a working-man's club. And it's really easy to fit in if your effort is always there for everyone to see. You don't have to be amazing every time out -- hopefully you're pretty good -- but if you're showing at Everton that you're a hard worker, that you really care about the club, that you're not taking them to the woodshed for every contract, people are going to appreciate you. And you see that in the players that they support at the club. Guys give everything for the club.

And davek will love this bit:

I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. This is a place where I want to be for the foreseeable future. If they're willing to have me I'll stay as long as they want me. It's an amazing club, and it's a place where I feel like I can compete. We can push for Europe every year. We can do good things here. We have a generous chairman who gives the manager [David Moyes] money to spend, and he spends it very wisely. So if you look across the board, I'm getting older now [turning 31 last week], so I don't just look at it as, how does it directly benefit me? I look at the overall perspective of where I fit into the club. It's a really good place to be. There have been questions across Europe and across different clubs about that. Good goalkeepers are hard to come by. I think you can see that overall. There's always going to be a goalkeeper on the move, and there happens to be a domino effect. But I feel like I'll be staying put for a while, I hope.

Weird how he's painted a tightarse monster by those who dont know him but the ones who do know him think he's sound, there might be a lesson here.

Maybe Howards is buttering him up for the next contract? lol

In all seriousness I have no idea about your chairman. But those are nothing if not glowing words from Howard about Everton. His blood is blue, and that's cool to read. ;)

the New Jersey native has been one of the great success stories in U.S. soccer. (That he has done so while having Tourette's syndrome makes his achievements all the more impressive.)

Tourette's? Learn something new everyday!

Status
Not open for further replies.