Throw ins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Domingo

Player Valuation: £80m
Why are we so bad at them?

I'm the final years of Moyes, throughout Martinez's tenure and seemingly continuing now under Koeman we are terrible at throw ins (special mention to Moyes' illegal bounce off the back throw in)

We seem to have an unwritten rule that only a full back can take a throw in regardless of where it is on the pitch. It's infuriating late in a game we are trailing and the chance of a quick throw is passed up for the full back to take. We then seem to have zero movement and invariably give up possession immediately with a bad touch or we're crowded out. We don't have any long throw option either (not that I'm a massive fan) but we don't seem able to capitalise on throw ins in attacking positions.

Other clubs just don't seem to have a problem with what is one of the basics of the game. Coleman even put in a foul throw the other day. Why are we so bad at them and why have two managers (hopefully not three) failed to get to grips with this?

Drives me insane when there's no opposition near the throw and the winger has the ball and the full back demands the ball instead of just stand a few feet away and receiving the ball. It's not like we have anyone with an extraordinary throw.

yup, this has driven me mad for years! I sit there thinking, they're all pros, how have they not realized the opposition figured out this years ago. Every time Coleman gets the ball, The other team have all marked back and the ball is thrown in for pretty much a 50/50 or an Everton player with no support. It's just weird. Thought it might stop under Koeman but no.

Why are we so bad at them?

I'm the final years of Moyes, throughout Martinez's tenure and seemingly continuing now under Koeman we are terrible at throw ins (special mention to Moyes' illegal bounce off the back throw in)

We seem to have an unwritten rule that only a full back can take a throw in regardless of where it is on the pitch. It's infuriating late in a game we are trailing and the chance of a quick throw is passed up for the full back to take. We then seem to have zero movement and invariably give up possession immediately with a bad touch or we're crowded out. We don't have any long throw option either (not that I'm a massive fan) but we don't seem able to capitalise on throw ins in attacking positions.

Other clubs just don't seem to have a problem with what is one of the basics of the game. Coleman even put in a foul throw the other day. Why are we so bad at them and why have two managers (hopefully not three) failed to get to grips with this?

Of all the things to potentially moan about and you start a thread about throw ins.

You couldn't make it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.