This proves the bird has always been ours

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few people over the age of 65 I think. No one else.

….ffs, that’s me;

80744366-7073-4768-8B97-2AE3D4825725.jpeg

The Liver Birds are the city's.

The cartoon one is owned by the RS. They are welcome to it.
Correct.
My mole in the College of Arms once told me, the bird motif is an ancient heraldic device...and thus uncopyrightable...the position of the wings denotes different meanings.
A slight change in wing position would cause the bird to be described as Resurgent...apt for Bramley More should it be required.
The 2 birds on the Liver Building belong to the owners of the building obvs.
The copyright to the actual sculptures themselves is/was held by the Sculptor, which is/was valid for 75yrs after his death (1943?)
Is it now or soon to be in the public domain? Who knows...deep down who cares.
It's all a bit kopite-ish tbh

Correct.
My mole in the College of Arms once told me, the bird motif is an ancient heraldic device...and thus uncopyrightable...the position of the wings denotes different meanings.
A slight change in wing position would cause the bird to be described as Resurgent...apt for Bramley More should it be required.
The 2 birds on the Liver Building belong to the owners of the building obvs.
The copyright to the actual sculptures themselves is/was held by the Sculptor, which is/was valid for 75yrs after his death (1943?)
Is it now or soon to be in the public domain? Who knows...deep down who cares.
It's all a bit kopite-ish tbh
They once adorned it on their shirts in badge form it looked awful .......they are not even in the city Anfield FC .....

If we wwnted to do a bit of sh*t stirring, we should build a massive blue Liverbird statue on the bank near the stadium, facing out towards the sea, with a plaque honouring our original badge and team, and making clear the history of its original use.

In fact there are plenty of things id like to see in and around the stadium that could act as small external tour of the stadium for visitors from all over the world. A replica of St Ruperts tower that could double as an information centre of a bar, etc, as well as statues of of great players and nods to Goodison and Stanley Park etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.