This is on us now

Status
Not open for further replies.
What will it take to turn the fans though?

we’ve only been behind to City at home under Lampard, what if Wolves go 1-0 up? Or beat us? Will that end the home honeymoon?

For me, we need to keep going strong, because there’s only one way we’re staying up and that’s with the home support and games.

We really need some luck along the way with injuries, and I think we’ll be okay. But it’s looking very perilous as of now.
Yes it sounds an obvious statement but first goal will be massive on Sunday. Wolves are very good at defending leads. It couid be a long afternoon if we go behind

Staying positive, if we win amd Newcastle have 2 tough away games, Southampton and Chelsea before coming to goodison. If they lose both we can go above them with a win and still have 2 games in hand. Going to be an interesting week with some teams having 3 games.

Yes it sounds an obvious statement but first goal will be massive on Sunday. Wolves are very good at defending leads. It couid be a long afternoon if we go behind

Staying positive, if we win amd Newcastle have 2 tough away games, Southampton and Chelsea before coming to goodison. If they lose both we can go above them with a win and still have 2 games in hand. Going to be an interesting week with some teams having 3 games.

It really is obvious, but then football isn’t a complicated game.

The next week at Goodison will be massive and you feel a minimum of 4 points will be required, which adds pressure.

So, so important that we get some more points on the board.

So much wrong with this, for a start it matters nothing what the players get paid, they get it good or bad, sad reallity is the pay isnt performance releated.

Also the fans are not paying their hard earned money to be entertained, they are paying to watch Everton, they are there too support, or should be, if they just want some entertainment go the cinema or the theatre.

The problem is fans shouting abuse and being on players backs have never made them play better and never will, Frank has said this a few times, even this mouring he said they need the fans, unless we back them and encourage for 90 minutes they will go down, even against Boreham there was groans, i remember the Bayern game, after they scored the crowd was still fully behind the team, with the fan base we have these days there is no chance we would be winning cups and leagues like we did then.

The fans are not to blame for all this, but they are doing nothing to help and they should

What’s ‘got so much wrong with it’, because it’s not the same as your opinion? I must be stupid then to want rich footballers to run around like they care and try and score goals. I take my lad and it’s not cheap, but I’ll pipe down now I know my place.

No one goes to the match intending to boo no matter what you think. I don’t boo or get on the players back, I don’t think it achieves anything either, but I understand if people get frustrated if they see someone not putting the effort as is their right.

I remember that Bayern game too, the difference is that whole Everton team put 100% in every game and ran through brick walls for the club. But the year before they got booed off most weeks. I was the Coventry game if you can remember that.

We have seen enough from this side to know that they are just not mentally strong enough to keep us up on their own.

Based on that, this club needs us now more than ever. I am beyond annoyed at tonight but if you want to see us reach Bramley Moore or you want to see us win a trophy in your lifetime or even if you want to have a decent club to pass on to your kids or grandkids, we need to step up.

Forget all that has gone before with Benitez and tonight, we need to make Goodison an absolute cauldron and a pit. Starting this weekend we need to play a massive part in putting the opposition on edge.
Just remember.. (as you know!!!!) you can't make them do it Mr UV.. so if the players want to take an 8 month holiday we can't stop them Lescotting about or Bilicing in the treatment room or Nyarkoing all over the pitch.

What’s ‘got so much wrong with it’, because it’s not the same as your opinion? I must be stupid then to want rich footballers to run around like they care and try and score goals. I take my lad and it’s not cheap, but I’ll pipe down now I know my place.

No one goes to the match intending to boo no matter what you think. I don’t boo or get on the players back, I don’t think it achieves anything either, but I understand if people get frustrated if they see someone not putting the effort as is their right.

I remember that Bayern game too, the difference is that whole Everton team put 100% in every game and ran through brick walls for the club. But the year before they got booed off most weeks. I was the Coventry game if you can remember that.
Kendall out graffiti at the start of 84

We have seen enough from this side to know that they are just not mentally strong enough to keep us up on their own.

Based on that, this club needs us now more than ever. I am beyond annoyed at tonight but if you want to see us reach Bramley Moore or you want to see us win a trophy in your lifetime or even if you want to have a decent club to pass on to your kids or grandkids, we need to step up.

Forget all that has gone before with Benitez and tonight, we need to make Goodison an absolute cauldron and a pit. Starting this weekend we need to play a massive part in putting the opposition on edge.
Agreed on this as a rival fan. The more toxic it gets, the more you lose. You were a joke of a decision away from taking points from the best team in the country a matter of days ago. It can happen again against much worse teams. I don't want to see you go down and trust me after having been to Goodison a few times the last thing you want is a cauldron.

It's not about us inspiring our own players, it's about us intimidating the opposition and officials.

We simply must make Goodison hostile to all outside forces.

Let the players crap out if they will. It will be on them. Never let it be said that the fans didn't turn up when it mattered.

If we get behind these players fully, and they still fail, then it's on them, no arguments.

Also, I've heard people whinging about how rubbish it is to support Everton. Really? The last time we were relegated, Clement Attlee was in office as Prime Minister, soon to be succeeded by Winston Churchill, ffs. Think about that... Many big clubs have had it much harder than us.

TL;DR? Stop whinging, get behind the team, because we'll be the ones getting laughed at daily by the kopites if we go down, not the players..

Status
Not open for further replies.