Transfer Rumour Thiago Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
as if we are getting away with paying Thiago Silva the same amount as we pay Tom Davies

I get he may still be decent like.

But you don't build a successful team using a 35 year old player on 80-140 grand a week.

That is ridiculous money to waste. Especially given our biggest issue is wages.

Plus means nothing given we don't have a Midfield and have zero chance of replacing them all.

Getting a defender on a free can slow them to spend the money we have on other positions.

Try and see the big picture. If Silva can do a job for a year we can then focus on that down the line. He’ll there is a chance we sign Silva and Gabriel.

Rooney > Ancelotti > Silva

3 recent massive PR boosts for us globally.
I don't feel like Rooney did anything really.

Ancelotti hasn't yet, still early.

Silva is the least well known of the three, so I don't feel like that's a big selling point.

I want us to sign him, purely for the fact that there's a chance he may be good. Not signing him means that we are still dreadful. Signing him, we may still be dreadful, but we may be better. Ill take the latter

we dunno how much he wants to work with carlo

hes made enough doe he's ambitious enough to play in the prem which physically is the hardest league in the world .. he won't want the world

Silva is the least well known of the three, so I don't feel like that's a big selling point.
I think that may be a different story in Brazil. With Richarlison and Thiago Silva the club will surely be on the lips of a lot of Brazilian kids for the next 12/24 months. Would help any attempts at recruiting promising talent from there and Brands does seem to like South America.

Status
Not open for further replies.