2019/20 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Walcott purchase plus the Tosun purchase surely proves that Bent Sam knows nothing.

Yet he thinks he's the dog's balls. How can you piss away probably 50 million plus 25 million in salaries
and still give it large on the box?

Walcott was a massive disappointment at AFC but Wenger did a great job in flogging him to Sam. Walcott
scores the odd goal and always seems that he could light a game up but rarely does. Walcott represented
everything that you should avoid: old, no goals, time-server, MIA when it gets tough, peripheral.

Walcott was a mug's buy and it should sit on the matelpiece with the other mugs called Morgan, Tosun, Delph, Besic,
Keane, etc.

I haven't given up on Keane yet. Maybe he suffered from a loss in confidence or something. It will be interesting to see how Carlo sorts out the defensive tactics, set pieces etc.

The thing about Theo is that, once all my expectations have gone as they now have, he's alright.

I thought we were getting a frustrating goalscoring winger. Someone who would fade in and out and drive us up the wall but get important goals.

Seems he doesn't score goals. But he works relatively hard and his movement is good. And 20m is a fee associated near enough to Jordan Ibe and Solanke.

He's serviceable. We need better.

But he's alright.

The thing about Theo is that, once all my expectations have gone as they now have, he's alright.

I thought we were getting a frustrating goalscoring winger. Someone who would fade in and out and drive us up the wall but get important goals.

Seems he doesn't score goals. But he works relatively hard and his movement is good. And 20m is a fee associated near enough to Jordan Ibe and Solanke.

But he's alright.
Yep. Genuinely don't get the hate for him. I'd happily upgrade on him tomorrow, and he's a long way from being perfect, but he's absolutely fine. It's weird how he somehow gets lumped in with some absolute wasters when he's started about 90% of the games we've played since he's been here.

I haven't given up on Keane yet. Maybe he suffered from a loss in confidence or something. It will be interesting to see how Carlo sorts out the defensive tactics, set pieces etc.
That fractured skull did nothing for his confidence I feel a tad sorry for him

Yep. Genuinely don't get the hate for him. I'd happily upgrade on him tomorrow, and he's a long way from being perfect, but he's absolutely fine. It's weird how he somehow gets lumped in with some absolute wasters when he's started about 90% of the games we've played since he's been here.

As I've just popped in the other thread, I do think there's probably a greater degree of complexity to discussions now on a lot of players. Two years ago we had Martina, a half fit Bolasie, a 20 year old Kenny, a 19 year old Davies, Aaron Lennon etc all starting regularly for us. I don't think Walcott has massively changed in that time but the overall quality of the squad has, so he seems a bit more wasted.

I quite like him. You know what you will get from him, though he is inconsistent in terms of his final ball. It sounds like Ancelotti has identified this as an area he needs to work on. Whats interesting with Walcott is his pace hasn't declined at all, he's still rapid. I look at Vardy at what 33 and wonder to what extent the old adage of speed merchants being done in the mid 20's is a bit dated? Walcott clearly works hard off the pitch and is generally professional to ensure that this continues.

But yes, I think he's done quite well in the games he's played, but he needs a bit more end product and care.

The Walcott purchase plus the Tosun purchase surely proves that Bent Sam knows nothing.

Yet he thinks he's the dog's balls. How can you piss away probably 50 million plus 25 million in salaries

Walcott was a massive disappointment at AFC but Wenger did a great job in flogging him to Sam. Walcott
scores the odd goal and always seems that he could light a game up but rarely does. Walcott represented
everything that you should avoid: old, no goals, time-server, MIA when it gets tough, peripheral.

Walcott was a mug's buy and it should sit on the matelpiece with the other mugs called Morgan, Tosun, Delph, Besic,
Keane, etc.
I still think Tosun was one of these "dodgy" deals that BFS was investigated by panorama for being involved in. Is it bad for Everton if it comes out? 25 million for some don't say rude words player seems dodgy as don't say rude words :).

Keane, etc.

To be fair we are playing a totally different way to how Allardyce would play. You cant expect an Allardyce player to fit into an Ancelotti system for example.

Besic is sitting on the mantelpiece of a club above us in the league...

But he's alright.

Personally think his movement is one of his worst attributes. He's useless, offers the right back nothing and gets in the way. He barely plays on the shoulder anymore either, he should have full backs pinned back.

Agree he is serviceable though.....for now.

Because of his pace, succeeding managers have realised that Theo is the best 'out ball' that we have. The best out ball we ever had was Marcus Bent, but that was all he could do. He was ideal for Moyes. Moyes tried to turn Johnson from an in the box striker to a running like crazy towards either corner flag out ball and it ruined Johnson,who was good at attacking the penalty box but usually finished up by the corner flag waiting for Cahill or someone to get forward from midfield. I think we still get value out of Walcott,and expect him to be on the bench when Richarlison is fit,but that depends on Bernie keeping up his good form.

Status
Not open for further replies.