2019/20 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
An I only the only person who thinks Walcott has been really good since Ancelotti took over?
I don't know about really good but he hasn't been bad. There's no reason not to start him. The only difference between him and Bernard so far has been Kean taking the big chance Bernard made today and Mina fluffing the 4 yard header Walcott set up.

Walcott's contract runs out in 17 months! In June his book value will be £5.7m (£20m - 3.5 year contract signed in Jan 2018, 1 year left) so if we sell him for anything more than that it will show a big profit in our next accounts. If we sell him before the deadline for our next accounting period in June for £8m we will be able to show £2.3m profit, + £5.7m saved in the amortisation bs and the savings on wages for one year will be reflected too. If we could get £12m then we'd be able to show £6.3m+£5.7m profit in the player trading stuff.

Absolutely zero end product. Incapable of a decent cross or finish.
Sell to some desperate relegation fodder like west ham or villa
Don't even think the two would be stupid enough to sign this waste of space. Our best hope is someone takes him on a year long loan in the summer and that will see his contract out.

Absolutely zero end product. Incapable of a decent cross or finish.
Sell to some desperate relegation fodder like west ham or villa
I think that has been true for most of his time here, but to be fair, since Ancellotti came in, his delivery vs the RS and vs Newcastle were good. If we can get any of our gormless lot to remember that heading the ball in legal, he might actually run up some assists?

Possibly the most vilfied player on our books for some time. Oh, I forgot Sandro (where is he bless him?), and Bolassie, and Oumar and the list goes on. Someone should have been put in the public stocks for the last few years of recruitment.
Playing quite well in Spain at the moment, even scored the other day.

A2DEF492-E28F-49CE-A13E-E861D5ECCF0B.jpeg

What a player.

I think that has been true for most of his time here, but to be fair, since Ancellotti came in, his delivery vs the RS and vs Newcastle were good. If we can get any of our gormless lot to remember that heading the ball in legal, he might actually run up some assists?

We've scored the most headers in the league. If Walcott realised he can roll the ball across the floor for a striker to run into, instead of blasting it hip high behind onrushing strikers, he'd have assists.

He's got the 5th most shots without a goal in the league so either he's about to score a hat trick or he's about to be benched and never seen again

Should've seen the writing on the wall with this guy when in one of his first interviews upon arrival he had this pearler when asked what he was most looking forward to now he signed at EFC:

Well Wayne (Roo) said there are some amazing golf courses in this area.......ha ha ha!!

Status
Not open for further replies.