2018/19 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classic Everton transfer, pay over the odds for a player that the top 6 don’t want just about to come off his peak. He has a few good games then thinks he’s done enough to warrant automatic selection which he gets at Everton because we never have a manager with the balls to drop experienced players.

Weird move buying him in the first place.

I do like the lad, but it's plain to see he just isn't up to this level anymore.

Classic Everton transfer, pay over the odds for a player that the top 6 don’t want just about to come off his peak. He has a few good games then thinks he’s done enough to warrant automatic selection which he gets at Everton because we never have a manager with the balls to drop experienced players.

Shocked we haven’t brought in Mata. Classic Ev signing.

It's a strange one with this guy. Last year when we had a very negative style of play there were games he looked incredible. I remember thinking this guy is pure quality and why would Arsenal want rid. Such pace and skill effortlessly beating players in the box. I thought due to our new attacking style he would really flourish but its gone the other way. Now I don't know if he's lost his pace or he maybe he is scared of injury etc. What I do know is his body language seems unconcerned when things go wrong for him. It's difficult to see why he is still in the side other Marco believes he is still the best in his position at the club.

This is the type of transfer Brands would NEVER have made.

Think he could be fine coming off the bench and running at folks with pace. But his touch and decision making just isn't good enough. Needs some help from his RB, but just not the answer. You'd think he'd be a great inside forward type in Silva's preferred system, but he's clearly not up to it.

Walcott isn't good enough I am baffled as to why Marco Silva starts him, he's had one decent game this season.
Because he doesn't have another right inside forward. He'd play Bernard there, but as he's stated before, Bernard plays more like a wing when he's out right. That's problematic when you don't have a CF who can finish well.

This is the type of transfer Brands would NEVER have made.

Think he could be fine coming off the bench and running at folks with pace. But his touch and decision making just isn't good enough. Needs some help from his RB, but just not the answer. You'd think he'd be a great inside forward type in Silva's preferred system, but he's clearly not up to it.
Everything about it was a typical Allardyce buy, older player on large wages who has faded but on their day potential to be very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.