2017/18 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
It amazes me how highly the Arsenal fans still value him! I have yet to speak to an Arsenal fan (and I work with hordes of them) that wouldnt take him back tomorrow!

Think he could do well if we played in a 343. In a more central position as 2 quick players behind Tosun I think he’d do well, he can create and finish as well as take people out of the game with his pace. He’s probably a better number 10 than the 4 we bought in summer.

..my only fear when signing him was whether he was still hungry for football, whether the game still mattered to him but he’s been fine. He is a player I can see fitting into a team strategy regardless of who might eventually come in as DoF and/or Manager.

Think he could do well if we played in a 343. In a more central position as 2 quick players behind Tosun I think he’d do well, he can create and finish as well as take people out of the game with his pace. He’s probably a better number 10 than the 4 we bought in summer.

Not a bad call,

i'd even play him as a centre forward in certain games.

He's ace, all that money we blew last summer and in Jan we went and got too easy pick ups and there both better then the rest of the squad. Just shows there are bargains out there

That through ball, can’t remember the last time I saw anything like that away from home.

I can't remember a through ball either home or away for years. Had same discussion with family at the last home game and none of us could recall even one example.

I can't remember a through ball either home or away for years. Had same discussion with family at the last home game and none of us could recall even one example.
Deulofeu to Lukaku was probably the last. He did it a fair bit too. Naughty through balls.

has an incredible knack for taking players on then messing up at the end

if he had that composure whilst under pressure akin to the like of salah he could be some player.

True. It’s his mentality that worries me though. He doesn’t feel like a winner or a leader on the pitch. Good player but seems a little timid. That’s probably down to Wenger a bit, but I do feel like he hasn’t reached his potential and plays within himself- the derby where he was up against a dog of an Estonian centre back at left back is a prime example of this. If he had a bit more about him he’d have rinsed him all game, instead he did nothing.

Still though, one of the least of our problems. Good player and a good lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.