Votes: 690 66.2%
  • No

Votes: 241 23.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 112 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

If we buy him, there's no pleasing some I think he's 28 still have a good few years playing left, fast can score bit of a question mark over his fitness but most (not all) players do get over this. Like someone else said if he was Spanish he would be thought of as the best signing ever. Also at the end of the day it isn't our choice, our thought mean nothing, but we keep making these comments lol.

Injury record is not good. He's not able to make it into the 6th best team in the league with any regularity. He may actually get in the way of game time for some of the up and comers (e.g. Lookman).

The only way I'm ok with this is if he's cheap and it would be somewhat interesting to see Sam give him a run at centre forward, where Walcott himself has stated he wants to play.

To be honest, since we're not getting relegated and not getting into Europe (barring a disaster/miracle) I'd rather just wait for the summer.

If he's another roadblock for Lookman, then a hard NO. If he's being brought in as a second striker, yes. If we have to pay 30m, NO. A loan with an option to buy in the summer? Yes.

Injury record is not good. He's not able to make it into the 6th best team in the league with any regularity. He may actually get in the way of game time for some of the up and comers (e.g. Lookman).

The only way I'm ok with this is if he's cheap and it would be somewhat interesting to see Sam give him a run at centre forward, where Walcott himself has stated he wants to play.

To be honest, since we're not getting relegated and not getting into Europe (barring a disaster/miracle) I'd rather just wait for the summer.
A loan with and agreed fee in the summer would be perfect, try before you buy. It would be like going back to Moyes days here.

Status
Not open for further replies.