The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
0319_record_4139c.png

Upper right side - Liverpool, Tottenham and Everton pursuing Atsu.

This ungrateful sob said yesterday he isn't extending his contract with us because his dream is to play in England, so he can be had for cheap, I suppose.
Is he any good mate?

I read that if (when) Mourinho takes over at Chelsea, he will keep him in the squad.

Think mouriniho could well have a overhaul at Chelsea with there strikers. Wouldn't suprise me to see 1 if not both of Ba and Torres offloaded. Lakaku on the other hand will survive I'm sure....

Think mouriniho could well have a overhaul at Chelsea with there strikers. Wouldn't suprise me to see 1 if not both of Ba and Torres offloaded. Lakaku on the other hand will survive I'm sure....

Yeah Jose will be made up he got a new Drogba in his team.

Is he any good mate?

No, not yet; he's promising though. Pacey and creative. He was phenomenal in our youth teams and very good in his first year of league football - because he was on loan in a smaller club that played in counter-attack, so he had lots of space on the back of the defensive line to make his runs-, but last season with us he was underwhelming: some moments of brilliancy from the bench, but never reliable or productive enough to be a starter. He was solid for Ghana in the African nations cup.

I'm not sure if he'd be allowed to offload Torres...

I wouldn't be against the return of Lescott. It would mean we had 75% of the England back 4, along with the increasingly impressive Coleman.

If Martinez was interested in having a back 3, then Lescott, Distin and Jagielka might work well, especially if Baines and Coleman were slightly further forward.

I hope Martinez sticks with a back 4 though.

I wouldn't be against the return of Lescott. It would mean we had 75% of the England back 4, along with the increasingly impressive Coleman.

If Martinez was interested in having a back 3, then Lescott, Distin and Jagielka might work well, especially if Baines and Coleman were slightly further forward.

No, it won't - very difficult to use two left footed players in 3 man defensive line, especially when Jagielka should be the one who plays centrally in this combination.

Lescott would replace distan.

No, it won't - very difficult to use two left footed players in 3 man defensive line, especially when Jagielka should be the one who plays centrally in this combination.

Is it more or less difficult than playing with two right footed players in a 3 man defensive line?

Which combination of right or left footed players is best for a 3 man defensive line?

Is it more or less difficult than playing with two right footed players in a 3 man defensive line?

Which combination of right or left footed players is best for a 3 man defensive line?
3 either footed, but it's a rarity.

Thing is - the most central defender should be relatively comfortably with stepping into midfield and having most leadership qualities, so from this trio it's clearly Jagielka. Playing left footed player as RCB will be much more difficult than playing two right footed or two left footed players centrally in 4 man defensive line.

Status
Not open for further replies.