The run in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm, yes ok...we could lose 12 more games and Cardiff can overtake us, and we could find ourselves losing our very healthy buffer of points separating us from the relegation zone...

But we may not have to worry about finishing the season at all. The USA and Russia are embarking on what could be about another nuclear race leading to rising international tension and finally a full on war by April. All the European lads in the premier league, and every other league around the world, could be conscripted to fight. All football could then be suspended indefinitely. None of us might survive the nuclear destruction that follows.

We can all indulge in a little bit of hyperbole to find something irrationally unlikely to worry about.

I prefer to keep perspective.

Agree about the gutless players in our team though....can’t see them serving much use in any kind of battle! But at least this is just football.
Vaulted just got the fun of it

Captain Hindsight to the rescue again
Never once has relegation crossed my mind this season
I always thought top 10 with a chance of 7th
At the start of the season I thought 7th was a good possibility and we would have been close to the sky 6
Our inconsistency and Jose getting the sack ruined that
There are some consistently crap teams in our league and some inconsistent good ones
Wolves have lost twice to Huddersfield who are cannon fodder for most teams
Fulham , Huddersfield and one of Southampton, Cardiff Brighton and Burnley to join them
My moneys on Cardiff

Once again the hysterical "we could go down" shouts have been proven wrong with plenty of games left. Team don't get to 30+ points with about 12-15 games to go and go down. Especially when the teams in 16th/17th/18th have been getting less than a point per game.

People thinking we were actually going to go on a 14 game winless run, as if that’s a completely normal thing that happens.

Never once has relegation crossed my mind this season
I always thought top 10 with a chance of 7th
At the start of the season I thought 7th was a good possibility and we would have been close to the sky 6
Our inconsistency and Jose getting the sack ruined that
There are some consistently crap teams in our league and some inconsistent good ones
Wolves have lost twice to Huddersfield who are cannon fodder for most teams
Fulham , Huddersfield and one of Southampton, Cardiff Brighton and Burnley to join them
My moneys on Cardiff

You may not have but some had genuine concerns, tempered only by the fact there are most definitely 3 teams worse than us and another 7 as inconsistent but I can understand peoples concern, we had bottom3 form since december.

Luckily the season doesn’t start in December and we already had over 30 points on the board.

I agree, you also need to take into account the extremes we see on the forum, truth is always somewhere in between. Thankfully our good start put us a tad out of reach.

You may not have but some had genuine concerns, tempered only by the fact there are most definitely 3 teams worse than us and another 7 as inconsistent but I can understand peoples concern, we had bottom3 form since december.
We had a good but inconsistent run of form before Pickfordgate

We did, thankfully, we've been uber cack since, Pickford isn't the only player whose underperformed either, easy scapegoating there
I’m not scapegoating Pickford
I rate him and always have
True a lot of players have gone missing since that game and our form has dipped
But the form we showed early season has not vanished altogether , it was just hidden and only appears occasionally.
Inconsistency and poor game management has been our downfall this season

Status
Not open for further replies.