The Relegation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because they’ve signed players doesn’t mean they’ve strengthened. Will we have strengthened by getting Gomes and Gbamin back from injury?

Takes players time to get up to speed. We won't see the best of them again til April.

Out of interest:

How many points can we get from the next 10 with no additions?

We have to play Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Leicester, Southampton, Norwich after our next two of Watford away and Palace at home.

9 points I reckon as our squad currently stands.

Takes players time to get up to speed. We won't see the best of them again til April.

Out of interest:

We have to play Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Leicester, Southampton, Norwich after our next two of Watford away and Palace at home.

didn’t we do all this, how many points can we get nonsense in December and we were all royally wrong? Do we learn nothing?

Out of interest:

You’re making some very odd points here. What if all the players the clubs below us have signed turn out to be crap?

LOL at you trying to make that out to be an intimidating fixture list. There’s two decent teams in there.

Out of interest:

We will get anything from 0 to 30 points and we will stay up and finish mid table.

The idea we should be concerned about playing any of those bar the reds is laughable.

We will get anything from 0 to 30 points and we will stay up and finish mid table.

The idea we should be concerned about playing any of those bar the reds is laughable.

It’s like that time everyone said we’d get 0 points in December even though we were playing absolutely chronic Chelsea, Arsenal and United teams. Got 5 points from those games alone.

didn’t we do all this, how many points can we get nonsense in December and we were all royally wrong? Do we learn nothing?

Only because we sacked our manager and changed something. My point is that I think we need some fresh faces to change things up to enable us to get a few more positive results amongst those fixtures.

For the record, I don't think we'll go down, but I am saying I don't want to get dragged into any sort of relegation battle at any point. I'm not convinced that will be the case with the current squad depth and the forthcoming fixtures. We need to strengthen.

It’s like that time everyone said we’d get 0 points in December even though we were playing absolutely chronic Chelsea, Arsenal and United teams. Got 5 points from those games alone.

In fairness lots caveated it that Silva would get no points and he probably wouldn't have got more than 1 or 2 tops.

We'll end up nearer 50 than 40 points imo. We are in mid table nothingness but I'll take it this year.

Out of interest:

Liverpool are the only good team on that whole list you idiot

Based on what!?

Bar Watford, Chelsea and Southampton, we haven't beaten a single other team in the list. And we play Watford and Chelsea away. Really admire the confidence.

Out of interest:

Based on what!?

Bar Watford, Chelsea and Southampton, we haven't beaten a single other team in the list. And we play Watford and Chelsea away. Really admire the confidence.

We would need to win no more than 2 matches and lose about 11 to go down.

I'm not confident about us picking up tons of points. I am confident about us not losing 80% of our remaining matches. It's called realism.

Theres not one game there which I look at and think we have zero chance of getting at least a point. Not even at home to them. We could easily snatch a draw. That's not to say we will pick up points in them all but we're hardly going to get battered in them all either.

Status
Not open for further replies.