the relationship between the everton and their young players

are the blues too hard on young blues

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to say it and as you know mate I'm not a provocateur, but I think you might be onto something. The fanbase need to take a long hard look at themselves, especially the park end

Any particular row in the park end or..?

Every player who comes through is either the best or worst that’s ever played the game. You can even see it with Gordon already that people expect too much from him and people already putting a lot of pressure on Branthwaite to step up into a more prominent role already. There’s nothing wrong with some Osman type players, average squad fillers that have good games but nothing amazing.

Not every player needs to be amazing but the talk the last few years of especially Barkley and Davies was rubbish. Both no where near as good as they were hyped to be and many times their faults were ignored because they were locals. Davies will end up at the Championship, might make it back to the PL one day like Lundstram or Gosling at a smaller side and Barkley will end up at a West Ham or Newcastle after Chelsea find the next cheap home grown player to pad their squad.

Barkley is potentially about to win his second FA Cup buddy and has just qualified for the Champions League and also won a European trophy.

Not really the same.

do u think there is a problem buddies or if it no different at other clubs that any young budding players coming thru face so much tough times from their own fans?? does it help them or the everton?? maybe it is best that no special treatment is given and every1 earns their place.

Find me a blue who’s hard on Branthwaite, Simms, Gordon etc...

After 105 games, a player like Davies shouldn’t be given a free pass just cause he’s ayoung blue.

It’s Threads like this which infuriate me, because this is the mentality of so many fans. We pay money to see a competitive side, yet get that bollocks from him all season. I want the BEST for Everton, not passengers.

Davies was given his free ride, now he can go.

I think most match going Blues ( though there are exceptions ), are willing to give our youngsters plenty of time to develop, and will try to support them in that development.

Blues who aren't lucky enough to regularly go to the game ( so I guess currently all of us ), seem to want youngsters to be perfect early in their careers, and come across as being a bit Geordie or Mackem in their views.

You can make a good educated guess on whether someone's a regular match goer or not by the way they comment on our players.

thank u for ur bravery buddy. maybe some of the angry might read this and have an awakening. maybe not. is there any buddies on evertons most fantastical online chit chat site that u consider most guilty??
The gammon that infest the current affairs are clearly the same who hate young scouse lads who don't dress like a 1930's conservative

Barkley is potentially about to win his second FA Cup buddy and has just qualified for the Champions League and also won a European trophy.

Not really the same.
So has Danny Drinkwater. Barkley was bought because he was cheap, English and they’ll make a profit off him. Chelsea will be getting rid of him this summer at the earliest opportunity that someone like West Han comes in and offers him 100k a week and a pack of crayons.

After 105 games, a player like Davies shouldn’t be given a free pass just cause he’s ayoung blue.

It’s Threads like this which infuriate me, because this is the mentality of so many fans. We pay money to see a competitive side, yet get that bollocks from him all season. I want the BEST for Everton, not passengers.

build it and they will come buddies. perhaps u hate this thread barnold as u like to hate on young guys with impunity.

Mr Barney if there was a poll that was for the best performer for Everton in a given league match could you ever envisage yourself voting for Tom Davies?

Last time I checked the 'old' players get a hard time too for being pure toilet.
Yet it isn't acceptable to say young players should play more because they always have to perpetually "earn" their chances. It isn't on to say "Hey everyone else is terrible so let's see if they can not be" even though as Gordon and Branthwaite have shown sometimes it may work out.

Mr Barney if there was a poll that was for the best performer for Everton in a given league match could you ever envisage yourself voting for Tom Davies?

No.

He’s never been man of the match in 105 league games a, probably why.

Would love him, Sigurdsson to prove me wrong. I’m not negative for the sake of being negative, I’m negative because we give people like Davies 100 games and still have Threads defending him.

We back our own, just there has to be a limit. We can’t afford to have a couple of Tony Hibbert’s on our books for 15 years on rotation.

NSNO.

Status
Not open for further replies.