The race to Top 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay

Player Valuation: £8m
The storm of 3 games in a week has passed, as expected City, Chelsea and Arsenal pulled away at the top and created a small gap (4 points) off the 4th, they all got 9 points!

Liverpool got 3 points
We got 4 points
United 6 points
Spurs 6 points
Newcastle 3 points

True that United and Spurs got 6 points each but both are still yo-yo-ing, as it is, the race to 4th is between us and Liverpool.

Liverpool at 4th are averaging 1.95 points per game which means 74 points after 38 games
We are 5th with 38 points which means 1.9 point per game and 72 points after 38 games

In other words, 71 points might not be good enough as it is, while 2 points per game will give you 76 points and all but guarantees you 4th place.

So we should aim for the 2 points per game knowing that we might get 4th place with less.

We still have 9 home games to play and 9 away games

H Norwich City
H Aston Villa
H Crystal Palace
H West Ham United
H Cardiff City
H Swansea City
H Arsenal
H Man Utd
H Man City
--------------------
A West Brom
A Liverpool
A Spurs
A Chelsea
A Newcastle United
A Fulham
A Sunderland
A Southampton
A Hull City
--------------------
Our 6 next home games should all mean 3 points which means 18 points without Arsenal, United and City, so most probably we will drop few points from the first 6 games but get few points from the last 3 games in return, so i am gonna stick with the 18 points (which is 2 points per game, we got 21 points so far this season out of the 10 home games we played, which means 2.1 point per game and 19 points for 9 games) this will give us 38 current points + 18 = 56 points

Moving to the away games, we got 17 points on the road out of the 10 games we played so far (average 1.7 point per game), we have 6 visits to the current top 10 teams which is the bad news, the good news is that we got 18 points (2 points per game) out of the 9 games we played against the current top 10.

WBA is a must win game
Then 4 visits to Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea and Newcastle in a row, all are bonus games
By the time we play Fulham and Sunderland away, they should be fighting for their lives (fulham game 32 and Sunderland game 34, i doubt they will be safe or relegated already)
Our last 2 away games against Southampton and Hull, both should be safe and have nothing to play for

So we need at least 18 points from our away games which is where i think we will come short, so this put the pressure back on the home games, we must win our first 6 home games and get some points from the last 3 home games too

Anyway, the remaining 18 fixtures and my predictions:

H Norwich City - 3
A West Brom - 3
A Liverpool - 0
H Aston Villa - 3
A Spurs - 1
H Crystal Palace - 3
A Chelsea - 0
H West Ham United - 3
A Newcastle United - 1
H Cardiff City - 3
H Swansea City - 3
A Fulham - 1
H Arsenal - 1
A Sunderland - 3
H Man Utd - 1
A Southampton - 1
H Man City - 0
A Hull City - 3
Total = 71 points

The storm of 3 games in a week has passed, as expected City, Chelsea and Arsenal pulled away at the top and created a small gap (4 points) off the 4th, they all got 9 points!

Liverpool got 3 points
We got 4 points
United 6 points
Spurs 6 points
Newcastle 3 points

True that United and Spurs got 6 points each but both are still yo-yo-ing, as it is, the race to 4th is between us and Liverpool.

Liverpool at 4th are averaging 1.95 points per game which means 74 points after 38 games
We are 5th with 38 points which means 1.9 point per game and 72 points after 38 games

In other words, 71 points might not be good enough as it is, while 2 points per game will give you 76 points and all but guarantees you 4th place.

So we should aim for the 2 points per game knowing that we might get 4th place with less.

We still have 9 home games to play and 9 away games

H Norwich City
H Aston Villa
H Crystal Palace
H West Ham United
H Cardiff City
H Swansea City
H Arsenal
H Man Utd
H Man City
--------------------
A West Brom
A Liverpool
A Spurs
A Chelsea
A Newcastle United
A Fulham
A Sunderland
A Southampton
A Hull City
--------------------
Our 6 next home games should all mean 3 points which means 18 points without Arsenal, United and City, so most probably we will drop few points from the first 6 games but get few points from the last 3 games in return, so i am gonna stick with the 18 points (which is 2 points per game, we got 21 points so far this season out of the 10 home games we played, which means 2.1 point per game and 19 points for 9 games) this will give us 38 current points + 18 = 56 points

Moving to the away games, we got 17 points on the road out of the 10 games we played so far (average 1.7 point per game), we have 6 visits to the current top 10 teams which is the bad news, the good news is that we got 18 points (2 points per game) out of the 9 games we played against the current top 10.

WBA is a must win game
Then 4 visits to Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea and Newcastle in a row, all are bonus games
By the time we play Fulham and Sunderland away, they should be fighting for their lives (fulham game 32 and Sunderland game 34, i doubt they will be safe or relegated already)
Our last 2 away games against Southampton and Hull, both should be safe and have nothing to play for

So we need at least 18 points from our away games which is where i think we will come short, so this put the pressure back on the home games, we must win our first 6 home games and get some points from the last 3 home games too

Anyway, the remaining 18 fixtures and my predictions:

H Norwich City - 3
A West Brom - 3
A Liverpool - 0
H Aston Villa - 3
A Spurs - 1
H Crystal Palace - 3
A Chelsea - 0
H West Ham United - 3
A Newcastle United - 1
H Cardiff City - 3
H Swansea City - 3
A Fulham - 1
H Arsenal - 1
A Sunderland - 3
H Man Utd - 1
A Southampton - 1
H Man City - 0
A Hull City - 3
Total = 71 points

think you seriously undervalue us vs the other teams in the top 4 race mate, you've got us getting 4 points out of the 21 available vs spurs, rs, utd, arsenal chelsea and city and Newcastle which on the flip of those fixtures we got 12 out of 21 in.

I don't really like predicting results because you just have to look at home to Sunderland or away to Man U to see anything can happen.

I agree though that we should be looking at winning our next six at home and, you have to say, apart from going to Anfield and Stamford Bridge we don't have anywhere too bad left to visit!

We will win again in the City game and give the title to Chelsea or Arsenal. That's my prediction:)

We're not in the race for top 4 mate. BT Sport said so.
Among others,i am not in to all these lets work out the next 18 games etc out,take 1 game at a time and look a few ahead as in 2/3 in thinking that we might win-you just dont know what will happen,everyone on the planet apart from some sunderland fans would have had an everton win v them but off course it didnt happen just a week ago

I don't think we're ruthless or lucky enough for 70+ points. I also think it's daft to expect wins based on games on paper (that's not a dig at the OP), just our fans in general expecting 6 wins from 6 etc.

Personally, I think we will get about 67 points. That may be enough for a top 4 place this season in my opinion as I think Liverpool will start to drop points if Suarez is out for a bit. Man United aren't convincing either or Spurs at home.

This season we have seen a different Everton though. We've got ourselves back in games under Moyes, but no where near as much as this season. That shows the character we have. But to truly show our intent for a top 4 place we need to be winning at least 2 of our games against Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea and Newcastle away. To go to Anfield and beat them this season would crush their optimism and do wonders for our team and fans as well.

I'd say we should win all our remaining home games up until the last 3 but after losing to Sunderland I don't know anymore. One game at a time is my motto now!

One game at a time lads, please!

This!

Our recent results have shown how much of a futile exercise trying to predict out the rest of the season for all of the so called runners is.

Lets also try to give a stiff Ignoring to the noshers on Sky, BT, MOTD etc... they are not worth getting wound up about and not worth falling out with fellow blues on here about. Lets just hopefully grin and bask in some glory at the end of the season when they all have to admit then that they truly are cack and red to the core.

Can I also take this small soapbox moment to urge the GOT community to show some tolerance to each other on here.

We all see things differently, have different levels of knowledge, experience, intelligence etc... so it should be no surprise that there are times that we disagree.

Written words on things like this do not necessarily convey emotion, humour, sarcasm etc... so dont be surprised if someone reads it differently to you or to how the OP may have meant it.

Lets go for a bit more tolerance and understanding before wading in with insults or writing off an individual because they don't see it like you.

Happy New Year!

Apologies for the equality and diversity lecture straying off topic etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.