The Race for Europa League Thread

Who will miss out on Europa League?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jags

Player Valuation: £10m
So, with us now out of the cup, all our focus is on the league. However, with that weekend in the cup, especially the draw, 7th will not be Europa League this season, but 5th and 6th will. With that in mind, one of us, Spurs, and Manure will miss out, so this thread is for discussion about who will miss out.

Personally, I think Utd will, as Spurs have been carried through by a decent striker and a wealth of midfield options, and have the current points advantage. However, their Europa League campaign and that clown Sherwood will prevent them finishing higher than 6th. I remain optimistc of us finishing 5th, but Utd just seem poor this season. I cannot see them winning against us, the RS or citeh, whilst they still have a CL game to play, and so I can see them dropping more points too.

Thoughts?

We are more than capable of finishing 5th, let alone 6th, we just need to keep our chins up and not go on a slump.

We'll find out this saturday, if we can do that. A big win will lay down the marker and boost everyone's spirit.

Also the fa cup draw made no difference, no matter who drew who 7th was never going to be in Europe as only one of the top 6 is in the semis.

We are more than capable of finishing 5th, let alone 6th, we just need to keep our chins up and not go on a slump.

We'll find out this saturday, if we can do that. A big win will lay down the marker and boost everyone's spirit.

Also the fa cup draw made no difference, no matter who drew who 7th was never going to be in Europe as only one of the top 6 is in the semis.

We know that NOW ... but leading into the weekend (when talk was of it being possible), 7th place getting Europe was still on. Obviously, nobody is talking of it being possible NOW (because it isn't!)

I really am conflicted on this. Would love us to finish as high as possible, (obviously), but on the other hand, the EL does just not do it for me, in terms of most teams being unpronouncable, and 4000 miles away, as well as the pressure on the squad.

But then again, some boss nights against some decent "names", and a realistic chance of doing well in it swings me, just.

We will finish 7th, but Newcastle could push us into 8th. Spurs have a 5 point lead, though we have games in hand we cannot score many goals. Spurs have an easy run in and manu will score more goals and win more games. If we lose to Newcastle then we will get 8th. We still have Newcastle and Southampton away games, and Arsenal, City and Untied at home (that is 5 very hard games out of 11).

We've got a tremendous home record and have 4 consecutive weekend home games while Spurs and United have loseable games. We'll finish either 5th or 6th.

Think Spurs will miss out.

United will make a push and so will we for the top 4. Its what Martinez promised and its unlikely but still doable.

We;ve got a better team than Liverpool so lets just go out and secure it.

I want Europa league,but as ever and probably might end no surprise,we will no doubt end 7th and "miss"out just knowing us by a few points,but win the games in hand and its ours to lose,plus we will probably win a game or 2 that nobody thinks,and vice/verse in losing.hopefully if we need the win at hull for europa,they are in the final and resting players in there last league game

it will be immense.

Martinez vs. Moyes

If things go like i've planned, though...we'll be ahead of spuds too.

Europe would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.