The Old Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zatara

Player Valuation: £90m
A few posts recently about the 'senior' players in the team commenting on how theyre 'unsellable'...

We need better players and leadership.

STARTING
Jagielka -- Finished
Coleman -- Relies on Richarlison/Keane
Gana -- Useless with the ball
Sigurdsson -- 98% anonymous

BENCH
Stekelenburg -- Pointless
Baines -- Adios
Walcott -- Useless
Tosun -- Useless

I hope theyre all binned off.

A few posts recently about the 'senior' players in the team commenting on how theyre 'unsellable'...

STARTING
Jagielka -- Finished

BENCH
Baines -- Adios
Walcott -- Useless
Tosun -- Useless

Take Gana out of that mate, hes been brilliant since January and that's his first off game since. I'd be a bit gutted if we lost him now since he seems to have found another level.

STARTING
Jagielka -- Finished

BENCH
Baines -- Adios
Walcott -- Useless
Tosun -- Useless

I agree mate but Gana does do some good defending but can't pass, as for Siggy why is he he so bad, baffles me?

I do think as you that the rest of them should be shown the exit door. Unsaleable because where would they go and get a better contract? Take a loss and scrap their contracts.

Take Gana out of that mate, hes been brilliant since January and that's his first off game since. I'd be a bit gutted if we lost him now since he seems to have found another level.

Id bin him as well...

Cant think of a top side who has a destroyer so poor on the ball.

Admittedly hes played 2 great passes across field per game recently...but his all round game when on the ball is so so poor.

I agree mate but Gana does do some good defending but can't pass, as for Siggy why is he he so bad, baffles me?

I do think as you that the rest of them should be shown the exit door. Unsaleable because where would they go and get a better contract? Take a loss and scrap their contracts.

Sigurdsson is an enigma.

Great at leading the press.
Great at making 2 or 3 world class assist attempts or goal attempts per game

The rest of the time hes totally anonymous.

STARTING
Jagielka -- Finished

BENCH
Baines -- Adios
Walcott -- Useless
Tosun -- Useless

Gana would be the only question mark, but his distribution is appalling for the majority

Thing is you dont like Keane either, even though he has had a good season, which of our players do you like?

Id bin him as well...

Cant think of a top side who has a destroyer so poor on the ball.

Admittedly hes played 2 great passes across field per game recently...but his all round game when on the ball is so so poor.

Can't think of a top side that has a destroyer so good at destroying

That's like slating your striker because he can't save penalties

Thing is you dont like Keane either, even though he has had a good season, which of our players do you like?

The ones who wouldnt look out of place in better teams.

Can't think of a top side that has a destroyer so good at destroying

That's like slating your striker because he can't save penalties

Well its not at all is it.

A FOOTBALLER should be able to perform well with a FOOTBALL...

To me the old guard looked tired, i cant help but think the keane should have started and we need more options for the other three so they can be rested once in a while. That was part of the problem today

STARTING
Jagielka -- Finished

BENCH
Baines -- Adios
Walcott -- Useless
Tosun -- Useless

The only guys I would honour by calling the old guard are Baines, Jags and Coleman. Baines and Coleman are probably worth keeping, at least as back ups.

Don’t forget, these older players can pass on the ethos and experience to younger players coming through the ranks so they become good professionals.

The only guys I would honour by calling the old guard are Baines, Jags and Coleman. Baines and Coleman are probably worth keeping, at least as back ups.

Don’t forget, these older players can pass on the ethos and experience to younger players coming through the ranks so they become good professionals.

I really wouldnt fancy this ethos being passed on.

Status
Not open for further replies.