The Official site's new look...

Status
Not open for further replies.
blackberries are wonderful things :D

Blueberries are better (I think:D) Anyway, I can now log into the site from work with no pop up warning. And it now saves my log in normally, like every other site does, so I don't have to log in each time I vist the site which was an absolute pain in the butt.

Colour wise I love it, and its live now. But, unlike the old one, I can't lot into work unless its added to the white list by the Council's admin. Oh, yes, I can see that happening. May not be EFC's fault.

Got home, and I now get strange notices on my pc about unsafe sites. I like it, but sad I can no longer log into it from work.

use a proxy site. you should have no problems then... ;)

First impressions - it doesn't look that much different to previous site.

Don't really know where to look though, there's so much going on all over the page at the same time.

Now I know not many people are looking at the site using Safari, but I do, mainly because it has the most cutting edge technology applied to it. So I tend to design and build in Safari, test then for Firefox, and then Internet Explorer.

It's broken in Safari which to me says that Rippleeffect designers have about as much technical knowledge as Sharpy's windmill.

First impressions - it doesn't look that much different to previous site.

Don't really know where to look though, there's so much going on all over the page at the same time.

Kinda my thoughts about the new Kipper front page.

Of course their old page was so basic that any upgrade might have been considered "too much."

Kinda my thoughts about the new Kipper front page.

Of course their old page was so basic that any upgrade might have been considered "too much."

Agree somewhat. Although a lot of sites do this over information front page thing (actually most marketing material does it too) which is a bit of a turn off.

I'm all for simple, well laid out info, although without being too sterile/über cool/whatever you want to call it.

Though not naive enough to realise that the designers/developers are probably under instructions from powers that be to fit all this content in to appease sponsors/advertising etc, so don't want to lay into it too much!

See Ghosts site has some nice creativity - just a bit light on content!!!

Agree somewhat. Although a lot of sites do this over information front page thing (actually most marketing material does it too) which is a bit of a turn off.

I'm all for simple, well laid out info, although without being too sterile/über cool/whatever you want to call it.

Though not naive enough to realise that the designers/developers are probably under instructions from powers that be to fit all this content in to appease sponsors/advertising etc, so don't want to lay into it too much!

See Ghosts site has some nice creativity - just a bit light on content!!!

The Ghostofdixie site was not fulltime, and I may visit it again sometime, but at the moment don't use that as a yardstick to how a Football team's site should be.

This is a quick look at the official sites in the Premier League at the moment.

Now out of all that pile of [Poor language removed], there is only 2 maybe 3 good designs. Top 2 are

Chelsea & Man City, with perhaps City edging it. Money no object? I can and have designed a site for under a grand and made it look slick, so football clubs have no excuses really. But if you notice there is about 8 clubs there who have the same template, so clearly by the same lazy ass company who has no idea about brand identity.

An opportunity to raise your brand is there in Offical websites, and 90% have missed that chance, there is no surprise the same clubs are up there earning from their brand. [Poor language removed], Man U earned an absolute fortune with their Brand United. I actually think their site is slick, but far too heavy on the info.

To say I am disappointed in the crap that Rippleeffect have produced is an understatement, it's garbage, and very little effort has gone in to translate the brand that I though the club had worked so hard to develop over the past 2 years.

No doubt peeps will say so what, well I say we may as well play with the Wolves and the Stokes, because as well as good football, and good coaches, you also need to have good marketing, and Rippleffect, such as they are, are clearly not that good at marketing.

Weird, it wouldn't let me link to all the sites. Had a big list. Well you can google them if you like.

Crux of the matter is, City's is Ace, are's is [Poor language removed], but it's not the shittest.

Status
Not open for further replies.