The next 5 games:

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that we played Arsenal, Chelsea, United and Liverpool in our first 7 games while out of form and many players out injured might be a blessing in disguise, since then we had relatively 2 easy games, won them both and till we play City away on 6th of December we have:

Swansea at home
Sunderland away
West Ham at home
Spurs away
Hull home

While there is no easy game in the premier league, 3 home games against Swansea, West Ham and Hull are 3 pointers on paper while Sunderland and Spurs are both struggling, I have us up to 3rd by the time we play City on http://www.thesportspredictor.com/#/predictor/pro

1-Chelsea =36
2-Man City =30
3-Everton =25
4-Southampton =24
5-Arsenal =23
6-Man Utd =23
7-Liverpool =22

West Ham certainly isn't looking like a 3 pointer on paper at the moment.

Agree that we have to take it each game at a time. Can't under estimate anyone in this league. Three points against Swansea is the next task and Goodison needs to be rocking for it.

Absolutely, with the start we've had we need to treat these next 5 games like they are the last 5 of the season. If we can come through this patch with a decent points tally then we are right back in the race for 3rd/4th.

Should we not quite click into gear in this next phase then I think 7th/8th beckons

I just hope for 9 points from these games including beating spurs senseless. I'm still annoyed from the loss last year where we battered them all over the pitch for 90 min but they got a goal when we switched off for a second and they took a quick free kick and we couldn't finish our chances.
That game was so annoying, wanna do the double on them this year

Unfortunately, things never work out as we plan them. If you put yourself in the shoes of an Arsenal, Chelsea, City, United or Liverpool fan (shudder) then they would look at us in a run of fixtures and probably say, 'should be 3 points that' in the same way we look at Saints/Spurs/West Ham and say 'should be 3 points that'. As you know, we regularly take points off the teams above us, and the teams below us do the same to us.

Essentially I'm hesitant to predict points totals.

I think the game v swansea is gonna be very close. We got one of our luckiest wins in years last season after they completely outplayed us.that was while we were in the middle of our good run as well.its impossible to say how many points we'll have in 5 games time
Yes you are right but wasn't that the cup match?

we never win the games we should!!! At least, we often dont i should say. How often have teams got their first win in 10 against us, even when we are playing well!
Its criminal the amt of points we drop to the shitty teams at goodison especially !

If a team are coming to Goodison on the back of losing 4 in a row....they often beat us!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.