The motto NSNO

Should we change the club motto

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Flagged, gifs in the Everton forum.

Keep NSNO please.

The pursuit of perfection is what's important. Continual improvement, not settling, that sort of stuff. True perfection's a lie anyway.

Whether we're on that path depends on who you ask and when you ask them, but I don't think it's at odds with the current state of the club. Even if current results are crap, there are plenty of reasons to be optimistic.

The pursuit of perfection is what's important. Continual improvement, not settling, that sort of stuff. True perfection's a lie anyway.

Whether we're on that path depends on who you ask and when you ask them, but I don't think it's at odds with the current state of the club. Even if current results are crap, there are plenty of reasons to be optimistic.

I don't know what I'm doing taking this thread seriously tbh

Should we have it removed from the crest? I see it get bandied about a lot after we lose like it's a legitimate bar that Roberto is failing to reach, but I think it's unrealistic to expect a manager to win all of the games every year all of the time. I think we should change it to something more reasonable like "videndum quid sit optimum experiri" or "blandeque delicatus , sed non omnia".

Thoughts?

Not a Latin scholar, but if it was something like mediocritatem est habitualem, then we can put MEH on the crest, or maybe even replace it
with ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There once was a poster called Boss,
Who proved he's not poetry's loss,
Nothing was worse,
Than his attempt at a verse,
Because it didn't rhyme
The Ballad of Prev

He stared at the screen,
Silent and still,
A tremble,
A tear,
A desire to kill.