The Handball

One thing on his mind 'Title Decider' although that was basically already tied up by then. I expect those games already had their plans in place..

being able to watch it again and make the same decision, just shocking, but a nice Bonus in his pocket 🙄

Another embarrassing day for football blatant handball for Arsenal winner

However, former Arsenal forward Merson and ex-Premier League referee Dean could not believe that a handball was not awarded against Gabriel Jesus with Michael Oliver not swayed by being asked to go over to the screen by the VAR.

“The ball comes in, as it comes in he goes like that with his arm, he goes and has a look and my god, can you believe it?” Merson asked on Sky Sports Soccial Special (19 May, 17:54).

Dean replied: “No. We had one last week at Bournemouth where someone hand balled it, two more passes and the balls in the back of the net, he was sent to the screen to see if it was a subjective handball or not, the goal then gets disallowed.

“This is an exact carbon copy where he’s knocked it past him, there’s one pass and it’s in the back of the net, I think it should be chalked off.”

I wonder if we will be able to listen to the audio...probably not...nothing to see. Shame as would love to see howard Webb explanation for the decision.

Don't need to listen to the audio mate. VAR actually done its job and said "Oliver you Geordie corrupt prick, Jesus has handballed it and you need to see the replay".

He replied with "nah, I'll fix this result for an Arsenal win".

Unless Oliver is blind and can't actually see the handball to make a decision, it's match fixing. I'd be shocked if anyone thinks otherwise (apart from Geordies who are mates with Oliver)

It's Rodri levels of match fixing we've seen today.

*Gets thesaurus out

Disgraceful, exasperated, disgusting, corrupt, please feel to add :

You see his shoulder...and thus his arm obvs...move towards the ball to try to control it.
Ball to shoulder or shoulder to ball is totally Legit.
It drops short though, hits his lower arm, which still angles it past the defender - and he's away
and yet...and yet...

We've all seen it before, if the Reff is told / decides / or persuaded to look at the screen it's a 'change your mind job' - Always!
and yet...
the one time VAR works  exactly as it should - clear and obvious error, no get the magnifying glass out, the toenail is offside shiz.
and yet...
For reasons known only to God and Oliver...who no doubt thinks that the two are both the same...and it Is all about him
This Blert gets...and I'm being kind here...an attack of Sudden onset Blind Pugh Syndrome and gives the goal.

wt actual f?

Edit; The Reff is well behind the play, unsighted?
Who knows but that's what VAR is for.

Was watching it in the pub with a manure supporter. Told him I'm going for a smoke while they rule the goal out. Couldn't believe my eyes when I came back in to see the score. Presumed Arsenal had scored a quick legit goal but no. Pitty West Ham didn't get anything out of the city game as this mind boggling decision will now just fade off into the sunset

I warned you all in the refs thread a few days back: Oliver is the worst.

When the eyes of the world are on the league they chuck in him or Taylor after building up a daft narrative that they're the best we have and therefore beyond reproach. If they give an opposite decision to the majority it's simply because they are better.

The season is done but I hope the club presses for an explanation from the PGMOL. A hard working performance by the team had a rewarding point snatched away due to one man's ego refusing to accept his initial call was the wrong one.