The goodison experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltraVires

Player Valuation: £8m
I am taking a mate of mine to Goodison on Saturday and he has never been before. He wants to get the best experience he can while he can.
It got me thinking about what the “must do’s” on a match day are in other peoples eyes.

Everyone has their own routines and mine is pretty much entirely focused on the match and then going home after so what my question is, if you were asked to give someone the full match day experience in/around goodison where would you go pre and post match?

Get this seat!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 96

I am taking a mate of mine to Goodison on Saturday and he has never been before. He wants to get the best experience he can while he can.
It got me thinking about what the “must do’s” on a match day are in other peoples eyes.

Everyone has their own routines and mine is pretty much entirely focused on the match and then going home after so what my question is, if you were asked to give someone the full match day experience in/around goodison where would you go pre and post match?

Walk in
Boo
Walk out

That's the ultimate Goodison experience right there. Done in 30 seconds and your day isn't ruined.

I hope you and your mate have a great day but, as an aside, and I know you didn’t use the exact phrase, but “match day experience” is one of the most hideous phrases to associate itself with football and is a poisonous by product of the Premier League era. It’s objective is to get you to the ground earlier to fill your pockets, ears and belly with expensive cack you could do without.
Pre match beers away from the ground, go to the game, post match beers. Curry. Home.

All joking aside, whenever I go over to matches, I always go to the Oak (other pubs are available). Always get chatting to great fellow Blues who always have a tale to tell. The buzz/groan when the team is released. The gradual increase of supporter traffic. Just a warm, friendly buzz. Love the whole thing. Oh, and buying a wee badge from the lady who goes around every time I'm there. I'm a simple man, easily pleased!

I hope you and your mate have a great day but, as an aside, and I know you didn’t use the exact phrase, but “match day experience” is one of the most hideous phrases to associate itself with football and is a poisonous by product of the Premier League era. It’s objective is to get you to the ground earlier to fill your pockets, ears and belly with expensive cack you could do without.
Pre match beers away from the ground, go to the game, post match beers. Curry. Home.
Oh yeah, I wasn’t meaning in the ground necessarily. I meant places in and around goodison and places afterwards. I usually turn up, watch the match and get off as quick as I can especially when I am in a bit of a mood which I usually am.

I would suggest they take a taxi to goodison, to see it slowly come into view. Was a spine tingling experience for me and something Ill never forget.

Oak, Winslow, couple of cans spellow lane, Goodison supper bar, watch us lose, pint in any of the pubs round after, taxi into town. Done

Status
Not open for further replies.