The Golden Vision - BBC 1968

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old man steals the show in that Ken Loach film. Also loved the part where he's telling the boy how he was a seaman for years. The boy asked him what made him quit and he says "Everton" and laughs.

Also the end bit at the wedding on matchday is superb. Should have been a proper film with proper character development though. It's too short.

My Grandad had a recorded VHS of this, used to watch it all the time when I was at theirs. Great stuff.

Watch it ASAP!

My nan used to say it was excellent, and the BBC claim that they'd never shown a repeat for years was because they'd lost the master tapes. We get to the 2009 FA Cup final and, guess what? They magically appear.

Watch it ASAP!

My nan used to say it was excellent, and the BBC claim that they'd never shown a repeat for years was because they'd lost the master tapes. We get to the 2009 FA Cup final and, guess what? They magically appear.

It would have been plausible...watched a Monty Python doc and they said the BBC used to record over tapes because it was so expensive...so programs would be lost to time. They barely discovered this was going to happen to their program and rescued them in time. If not, we wouldn't have re-reruns of the Flying Circus.

I was at most of those games featured in the Golden Vision. The supreme moment as I recall for me was Alex Young rising high and scoring against Spurs for us to win 1-0, way back then.

I was at most of those games featured in the Golden Vision. The supreme moment as I recall for me was Alex Young rising high and scoring against Spurs for us to win 1-0, way back then.

That was '63 - the featured games were Man City (1-1) and Sheff U (1-0, in which Alex did score the winner) as well as a 2-2 draw at Arsenal (67-68).

Status
Not open for further replies.