The fan negativity isn't helping anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair, I just think the word "supporter" has lost meaning these days. That doesn't mean to be a happy clapper, but there's better ways to show disillusion with the club than to boo players. Hitting up BK outside the ground was good, getting the media talking about our circus is also a great move and we're starting to see that with even the BBC writing negatively about the board, but for 90 mins on a Saturday I reckon it'd be good to try and help the lads get 3 points.
Its frustration is only so much u can take, when you see this team who dont care for the club getting paid huge money not giving 100%. We all have a breaking point i am sure the players at this club not thinking about relegation at all while we have two weeks to wait nervously for the newcastle game.

The fan negativity....
I despair. The club's in freefall the owner and board have got their head in the sand (at BMD).
The years and years of neglect has caught up with us.
I do fear relegation.
This makes me very concerned. This year could be the one.

The fan negativity....
I despair. The club's in freefall the owner and board have got their head in the sand (at BMD).
The years and years of neglect has caught up with us.
I do fear relegation.
This makes me very concerned. This year could be the one.

Relegation would only make things harder for us. Look at how we played at Hull and PNE this season, we'd be a lower mid-table Championship team at best, and it wouldn't surprise me if we ended up getting double relegated into League 1 like Sunderland and Wolves after DCL, Richarlison, et cetera leave this summer after relegation.

I can understand everyone being frustrated, but I’m not really sure what booing and abusing your own players achieves.

In the 1980s Howard Kendall said our fans were like a 12th man with their constant cheerful and vociferous support. He said that we fans were one of the reasons we went from looking like relegation candidates to winning the league. And there’s that famous quote about us sucking the ball over the line against Bayern Munich with our positivity.

All this negativity does affect the players, without a doubt. I remember when Martinez was manager I saw the confidence literally drain from John Stones after he’d received another load of abuse from some of our so-called supporters.
Don’t normally agree with you but you’re spot on. We forced out Rom, forced out Barkley, forced out Stones etc.

This club is in a total mess from top to bottom.
A club that tells the fans you have until 23rd January to renew your seat for Brentford cup game.
Then closes the box office on the 23rd.
Just leave Bill, just go

You're not wrong.

It is also really, really hard to be positive at the moment.

I think the best thing though would be to try and not take it out on the players. Yes there are many who aren't very good but all of them really do seem to be putting in all they have. They're being failed all the way through management and we should be on their side in this.

Benitez didn't poison the team. I accept he was going to upset most of the crowd and moshiri should have seen it but it was the fans reaction (even if entirely predictable) that was the driving force behind the negative atmosphere.

I accept the results became terrible but that was largely due to a million problems of which a minimal number were his making. If its solely down to benitez, we should all expect a massive improvement now he's gone shouldn't we?

A matter of opinion I guess - personally I think he should have been focusing on managing the team when it was losing, not picking fights with parts of the club to distract from his struggles. A political operator and poisonous imho.

Everybody can see there are more problems than Benitez, but he is the straw that broke the camels back.

Anyway, the players are going to need our support if we want to avoid relegation - by all means object to the leadership team at the same time.

Aeroplanes, bottles, general negativity - the fans will end up taking the club down

Can the forum leaders take a lead in injecting some positivity please?

The players will need as much confidence and support as they can get to beat the drop....
Benitez has taken us most of the way there. Maybe don't blame the fans who have zero control on any decision who spend their hard earned cash to try to get some enjoyment from what is supposed to be entertainment.

Benitez didn't poison the team. I accept he was going to upset most of the crowd and moshiri should have seen it but it was the fans reaction (even if entirely predictable) that was the driving force behind the negative atmosphere.

I accept the results became terrible but that was largely due to a million problems of which a minimal number were his making. If its solely down to benitez, we should all expect a massive improvement now he's gone shouldn't we?
If i create a problem affecting a bunch of people, me leaving will not erase that. The problem still exists, Im not a part of it anymore, but it still needs to be solved.
So no, we should not expect everything to go back to how things were before massive problems were manufactured by the fat kopite. A tad better moral maybe, but thats about it. Anyone who expected things to instantly turn around when Dunc became caretaker manager were naive at best.

I'm hosting a cake sale outside the Park End before the Brentford game. Hoping the players will see it on their way in and it'll raise their spirits.

20p a cake or 5 for £1. All our fans enjoying a lovely bit of cake will surely get us to Wembley and a mid table finish.

Don’t normally agree with you but you’re spot on. We forced out Rom, forced out Barkley, forced out Stones etc.
Nah.

We were always a stepping stone for Rom and his fat agent mate.

Barkley had to leave town due to his sausaging activities with the girlfriend of a local psychotic midget gangster.

I agree with you on the Stones hounding though

This spaces thing is quite good you know. Hanstours been on saying regardless of what you think of each other such as Esk, Watched Toffee, themselves etc. The fans need to come together on the running of the club now and stop taking aim at others, or taking your frustrations out on others. Ultimately we all want the same. Calls on big fan sites/groups to come together to share the same message.

I'm hosting a cake sale outside the Park End before the Brentford game. Hoping the players will see it on their way in and it'll raise their spirits.

20p a cake or 5 for £1. All our fans enjoying a lovely bit of cake will surely get us to Wembley and a mid table finish.
Theres no value in the multi buy. You should make the single cakes 25p each.

Status
Not open for further replies.