The Everton Board Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhat over two years ago, Richarlison indicated he wanted to leave to pursue his ambitions to play in the Champions League.

Carlo Ancelotti managed to convince him to stay, and Richarlison to his credit stayed two more years in the vain and naïve hope that Everton would qualify for European football.

We didn’t and he’s now gone to Spurs.

Two years ago, the player gave ample notice that no European football meant he would leave to pursue his ambitions, a scenario somewhat reminiscent of events leading to the exit of Lukaku.

Two years the club had notice of qualify for Europe or I’m out of here.

Two years for a combination of three managers, two DoFs, this dysfunctional board, the maverick owner and his bunch of happy to milk him dry friendly agents to identify one or more affordable replacements to play alongside DCL or lead the line themselves.

Result 1. No replacement identified and enticed to join the club and academy prospects loaned out.

Result 2. With DCL apparently out for some not inconsiderable time period and Rondon suspended, we go into Saturday’s home opener vs Chelsea with no recognised striker.

In my opinion, Thelwell and Lampard are working with one arm each tied behind their backs.

They and us, the fans, have again been let down by the club being so badly run that even with the money from the sale of Richarlison and the money saved on salaries with the exits of Delph, Sigurdsson and Tosun etc, we still haven’t got much of a pot to urinate into for transfers.

Lots of newspaper articles and click bait over alleged transfer targets and in less than 72 hours, precious little realistic chance of finding a striker to slot straight into the side at such extremely short notice.

This maverick, easily influenced owner together with his dysfunctional board and in particular his deluded Chairman are simply not fit for purpose.

And why it’s #timeforabetterEverton

COYB

Going to be a real sickening sight when these jokers that have got us into this mess take up their usual seats just before kick off on Saturday when they should've been booted out of our club. If it was down to me they wouldn't even be allowed into the stadium as fans.

I hope Kenwright, in particular, is booed all the way to his seat and someone has stuck a drawing pin on it. Gobshite.

Somewhat over two years ago, Richarlison indicated he wanted to leave to pursue his ambitions to play in the Champions League.

Carlo Ancelotti managed to convince him to stay, and Richarlison to his credit stayed two more years in the vain and naïve hope that Everton would qualify for European football.

Two years ago, the player gave ample notice that no European football meant he would leave to pursue his ambitions, a scenario somewhat reminiscent of events leading to the exit of Lukaku.

Two years for a combination of three managers, two DoFs, this dysfunctional board, the maverick owner and his bunch of happy to milk him dry friendly agents to identify one or more affordable replacements to play alongside DCL or lead the line themselves.

Result 1. No replacement identified and enticed to join the club and academy prospects loaned out.

Result 2. With DCL apparently out for some not inconsiderable time period and Rondon suspended, we go into Saturday’s home opener vs Chelsea with no recognised striker.

In my opinion, Thelwell and Lampard are working with one arm each tied behind their backs.

They and us, the fans, have again been let down by the club being so badly run that even with the money from the sale of Richarlison and the money saved on salaries with the exits of Delph, Sigurdsson and Tosun etc, we still haven’t got much of a pot to urinate into for transfers.

Lots of newspaper articles and click bait over alleged transfer targets and in less than 72 hours, precious little realistic chance of finding a striker to slot straight into the side at such extremely short notice.

This maverick, easily influenced owner together with his dysfunctional board and in particular his deluded Chairman are simply not fit for purpose.

COYB
Problem is we have consistently made the same mistakes season after season , but the board do not see they are making any mistakes so wouldn't hold out chance ou anything changing unfortunately

Cupace20220803185122.png

COYB

Yes @AndyC

On the money.

COYB

Problem is we have consistently made the same mistakes season after season , but the board do not see they are making any mistakes so wouldn't hold out chance ou anything changing unfortunately
The combination of the main points in these posts is what is so worrying. The idea that the people who got us into this mess are capable of getting us out of it is pretty implausible. And it seems to me they feel a bit miffed and unappreciated at supporters’ reactions to our predicament which makes me think that a) they are extremely clueless about how to bring about positive change or b) they are so invested in their specific position in the club they won’t budge and are just hoping like, Billy Bunter, that something will turn up - probably that something is Lampard performing a miracle for such an inexperienced manager.
There are hopeful good signs for me such as the new stadium and Lampard has brought a lot of positivity to the club. But when the upper echelons at the club are getting so much wrong you wonder just how long it will be before things move strongly in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.