The Everton Board Thread

It’s a one issue club. Everything DBB talks about is the stadium, almost everything Kenwright talks about is the stadium. I don’t get the impression it’s just Colin Chong and his team getting on with it, I think it’s almost every person at the club not on the football side are completely swamped by the new stadium.

I think the board have become paranoid about another failed stadium move that they’ve thrown everything into the one basket now. It’s the out of jail free card for a lot of them ‘yeah there were no trophies but we were the board that finally delivered a new stadium’. That’s why I don’t think any of them have the decency to resign until they’ve got that on their CV.

I just think we’ve completely taken our eye off everything else for 5 years off the pitch (and on it as well) whilst we’ve tried to build this stadium.
They’re all trying to bask in / claim the glory of the one decent thing that looking to be delivered in the last 5 years to mask their ineptitude in other areas.

They’re all trying to bask in / claim the glory of the one decent thing that looking to be delivered in the last 5 years to mask their ineptitude in other areas.

I read somewhere a couple of months ago DBB has been given permission to look for another job. Was this correct?

Denial is a large part of thr problem with the board. They just carry on like nothing has happened.

If we do get relegated, none of them will accept responsibility.

They will blame Colin the caretaker for not cleaning kenwrights brass knobs good enough

This epic tale of football mismanagement from owner Farhad Moshiri and a somewhat self-congratulatory board of directors who have got so much wrong could now be heading towards the nightmare conclusion.

If they were to go down, it would represent one of the game's most colossal, expensive failures and the list of culprits would have to start with Moshiri and those in the boardroom.

Whatever happens, come the conclusion of this season there needs to be significant pressure forced to make the changes necessary.

Sadly I just don't understand what can be done. The fact we had an internal review undertaken by the very people that need replacing said it all really.
Aside from the owner selling up and the board being ousted, the only way out of this mess is for Moshiri to let the DoF go about his business without interference and hopefully between him and the manager they can get the recruitment right going forward. Getting things right on the pitch has to be the priority, especially if we go down.

Sadly I just don't understand what can be done. The fact we had an internal review undertaken by the very people that need replacing said it all really.

That's the spirit.

You said this "what can be done?" before Brands - he was on the board. Bit of fan discontent and he was launched.

I think Moshiri believes your average Evertonian really value Kenwright/Barrett-Baxendale. If fans dont say otherwise, I don't blame him.