The Everton Board Thread

Excellent post mate and there's more, ground failing it's safety certificate, watch this space, Arteta money, ringfenced, lie after lie. Also never put a penny into Everton but has took an obscene amount out, selling his shares, truly awful, manipulative owner and Chairman, I will celebrate when he's gone no matter what division we are in.
Still paying himself in excess of £1M (excluding expenses) per annum considering our current financial and regulatory status. What a blue.

This ladies and gentlemen is why you can’t have a discussion with some posters - they deal in absolutes - if you are not 100% with them on absolutely everything, then you are an avid supporter of the current Board, and you are 100% against them. There is no room for nuance.

Therefore in order to S-P-E-L-L it out to you……I agree broadly with the objectives of the group. I despise the current board, and want them out as much (if not more) than you do. I did not think unfounded personal attacks on his illness would gain the movement and positive traction (that means movement to you) and that it was a misstep, not a huge criticism, just an observation that has escalated into a full blown conversation with people like you who vehemently defend the letters (as is your right to do) and resort to accusing those who make observations of being a BK supporter.

But gosh! What could we possible talk about to substantiate Bill’s chronic under performance on the Board without resorting to personal attacks about his health? Oh I don’t know….let me think….maybe the following? (Deep breath in)

1. Everton have been winners or runner up 32 times in major competitions up to when he come on the Board….since then 1 FA cup win (under Johnson) and 1 final since BK took over - no silverware in 28 years (soon to be 29)
2. Everton were one of the big five who established the breakaway PL, we are now lucky to be considered big ten having been taken over by clubs not traditionally considered to be thought our peers e.g. City, Chelsea, (and soon to be Newcastle)
3. At the time of PL inception Everton was a top 5 revenue earner…..not any more.
4. BK begged, borrowed and stole to keep himself in power to oust P Gregg, because P Gregg wanted incoming from the Kings Dock where we only had to ring fence £30m to secure an amazing site and stadium….meaning we have now lost out on a generation of revenue because BK could not find the money
5. The farce with Chris Samuelson and FSF
6. Trevor Birch recruited as CEO, and resigning after six weeks having identified that Everton needed to be sold….BK wasn’t having any of that!!!
7. Stating categorically that Wayne Rooney was not being sold for less than £50m, and then selling him for around £25m
8. Crying during the meeting with Man Utd when discussing Rooneys sale, afte touting him around other clubs first
9. Not provide Moyes with any funds over a sustained 5-7 year period where net spend was close to zero, despite telling him he could have a measly £5m per year to spend
10. Looking for investment 24-7 when every other club (less attractive than ours) was being sold - Bill, the self annointed best salesman for EFC apparently couldn’t find anyone interested unless they lived in a bed sit in Manchester
11. Not capitalising on geographic markets where some high profile players come from e.g. Cahill/Australia and Howard/USA
12. Selling off every piece of family silverware (assets) to considerably weaken the balance sheet, and to keep his financial backers in place so he could keep a hold of his trainset
13. Failing to develop GP or failing on stadium moves that, if it werent for the supporters would have seen us play in a cheap soulless stadium in Kirkby with a Tesco bolted on
14. Scapegoating the fans every time the fans weren’t ‘on message’ and accusing them of betraying the club
15. Enjoying and celebrating the drama of last day escapes as opposed to the drama of winning cups
16. Bringing the worlds slowest Billionaire in, so that he could keep the day to day running of the club, which has seen the club plummet and the esteem it’s held in by its competitors, and also in league position where we are now fighting relegation for the second year having paid half a billion players
17. Annual revenues barely keeping up with newly promoted teams even though we are ever presents - commercial performance has been shocking
18. Cancellation of AGMs removing any awkward interrractions with shareholders where accountability for performance is the focus
19. Overseeing (along with DBB) the reinstatement of a commercial betting sponsor even though the club maintain3d they would not do this
20. Remaining absent from matches, after headlock gate, and feeding misinformation to journalists which has backfired on them
21. Overseeing, as part of the board, the financial mismanagement of the club leading to a breach of P&S sustainability rules which could see, if found guilty, punishment which may result in a points deduction, a transfer embargo or combination

……but yeah….despite the overwhelming factual evidence above…let’s highlight an issue with his health that no one has clear evidence of, and that we certainly have no proof of that it impeding whatever ability he has to do his job.

Honestly, a pre requisite for signing up should be an IQ and comprehension test

Rant over

Couldn't of said it better myself.

Some rap sheet that. Bravo sir for typing it all out.

It would be great if someone could stand up at a meeting he was attending and read it out aloud to him.

I second that.

On a more humourous note, it reminded me of the scene in Fawlty Towers (what else, under the circumstances), when the health inspector arrived.

He proceeds to read through a very long list of issues, to which Basil, when he's finished, says "Everything else ok?"

I'm sure Kenwright would say exactly the same.

The only difference being I'd much rather have had Basil running the club, he would have done a far better job.

This ladies and gentlemen is why you can’t have a discussion with some posters - they deal in absolutes - if you are not 100% with them on absolutely everything, then you are an avid supporter of the current Board, and you are 100% against them. There is no room for nuance.

Therefore in order to S-P-E-L-L it out to you……I agree broadly with the objectives of the group. I despise the current board, and want them out as much (if not more) than you do. I did not think unfounded personal attacks on his illness would gain the movement and positive traction (that means movement to you) and that it was a misstep, not a huge criticism, just an observation that has escalated into a full blown conversation with people like you who vehemently defend the letters (as is your right to do) and resort to accusing those who make observations of being a BK supporter.

But gosh! What could we possible talk about to substantiate Bill’s chronic under performance on the Board without resorting to personal attacks about his health? Oh I don’t know….let me think….maybe the following? (Deep breath in)

1. Everton have been winners or runner up 32 times in major competitions up to when he come on the Board….since then 1 FA cup win (under Johnson) and 1 final since BK took over - no silverware in 28 years (soon to be 29)
2. Everton were one of the big five who established the breakaway PL, we are now lucky to be considered big ten having been taken over by clubs not traditionally considered to be thought our peers e.g. City, Chelsea, (and soon to be Newcastle)
3. At the time of PL inception Everton was a top 5 revenue earner…..not any more.
4. BK begged, borrowed and stole to keep himself in power to oust P Gregg, because P Gregg wanted incoming from the Kings Dock where we only had to ring fence £30m to secure an amazing site and stadium….meaning we have now lost out on a generation of revenue because BK could not find the money
6. Trevor Birch recruited as CEO, and resigning after six weeks having identified that Everton needed to be sold….BK wasn’t having any of that!!!
7. Stating categorically that Wayne Rooney was not being sold for less than £50m, and then selling him for around £25m
8. Crying during the meeting with Man Utd when discussing Rooneys sale, afte touting him around other clubs first
9. Not provide Moyes with any funds over a sustained 5-7 year period where net spend was close to zero, despite telling him he could have a measly £5m per year to spend
10. Looking for investment 24-7 when every other club (less attractive than ours) was being sold - Bill, the self annointed best salesman for EFC apparently couldn’t find anyone interested unless they lived in a bed sit in Manchester
11. Not capitalising on geographic markets where some high profile players come from e.g. Cahill/Australia and Howard/USA
12. Selling off every piece of family silverware (assets) to considerably weaken the balance sheet, and to keep his financial backers in place so he could keep a hold of his trainset
13. Failing to develop GP or failing on stadium moves that, if it werent for the supporters would have seen us play in a cheap soulless stadium in Kirkby with a Tesco bolted on
14. Scapegoating the fans every time the fans weren’t ‘on message’ and accusing them of betraying the club
15. Enjoying and celebrating the drama of last day escapes as opposed to the drama of winning cups
16. Bringing the worlds slowest Billionaire in, so that he could keep the day to day running of the club, which has seen the club plummet and the esteem it’s held in by its competitors, and also in league position where we are now fighting relegation for the second year having paid half a billion players
17. Annual revenues barely keeping up with newly promoted teams even though we are ever presents - commercial performance has been shocking
18. Cancellation of AGMs removing any awkward interrractions with shareholders where accountability for performance is the focus
19. Overseeing (along with DBB) the reinstatement of a commercial betting sponsor even though the club maintain3d they would not do this
20. Remaining absent from matches, after headlock gate, and feeding misinformation to journalists which has backfired on them
21. Overseeing, as part of the board, the financial mismanagement of the club leading to a breach of P&S sustainability rules which could see, if found guilty, punishment which may result in a points deduction, a transfer embargo or combination

……but yeah….despite the overwhelming factual evidence above…let’s highlight an issue with his health that no one has clear evidence of, and that we certainly have no proof of that it impeding whatever ability he has to do his job.

Rant over
Thank you keep up the great work.

I second that.

On a more humourous note, it reminded me of the scene in Fawlty Towers (what else, under the circumstances), when the health inspector arrived.

He proceeds to read through a very long list of issues, to which Basil, when he's finished, says "Everything else ok?"

The only difference being I'd much rather have had Basil running the club, he would have done a far better job.
Also starring Denise Barrett-Baxendale as Sibyl Fawlty and Graeme Sharp as Manuel. :)

Rant over
Much appreciated post

I learned a couple of new ones from that list. Astounding he has managed to linger on through it all

I read a cockroach can survive a nuclear winter and wander 'round without its head for a month. Kenwright would surely rival them.
We'll eventually see his stupid grin pop up in a 'Top 10 Animal Kingdom Survivors' video on youtube if we don't get rid soon

Rant over
Effort that fella 👏 👌 💪

I second that.

76z0up.jpg