The Everton Board Thread

Still, a tad surprised he'd give up 20-25% of his toy for what isn't (on the surface at least) a lot of money to him...
...Do you need to sell 20-25% of a club for the cost of Gordon and Richarlison to bring in expertise and commercial nous?

I have a feeling if he does, it's with a view to eventually selling up in full.
Depends how badly and fast, He / (we) The Club need £105M...and, should he require it, it gives him an excuse to replace 2 members of the board
*shrugs...'not my decision'
I think he wants out. Just a hunch.
Of course he does

How much liquidity does he have? Does he/did he have 7 or 800M in his bank? Because that's what we have needed to fund the club. Given the issues with his other businesses being linked with sanctioned individuals I'd be surprised if someone of his level of wealth, having 2 or 3 billion, can afford to keep pushing hundreds of millions into the club.

In fact, given the available evidence- 150M rights and media group loans, very small transfer spend (and even then small upfront fees), the likeliest scenario is that the war in Ukraine and subsequent sanctions has given him a bit of a credit crunch, and he is rushing around trying to raise the final few hundred million from different sources, whilst keeping a loss making business paying the bills.

That's the almighty asterisk, eh?

They were fixed at £760M!

Was it!?

There was PR piece driven from the club with a fixed fee headline of this;

The £760m seemed to be new;

BBC - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/cd1zg85dx6lo

Everton owner Farhad Moshiri has revealed that costs for the club's new Bramley Moore Dock stadium could amount to £760m - a £260m increase on figures quoted by the club last year.

Was it!?

Henry Winter repeated the exact claim Tony McDonough made months later. So clearly a deliberate brief from the club. To favour Denise Barrett-Baxendale. Huge exaggerations made. Yet again in it.

It distorts fans views and reduces ability for Board Member accountability. It's been going on for months/years. Culture is wrong.

Hence the #AllTogetherNow peaceful protests

So much for the stadium costs being fixed eh?

Or does it help to suddenly have to pay more for a stadium? Who knows...

He can just remove them anyway.

He's adamant he can fund the stadium himself, and I think he can. It's money in the bank for him.

Just find his motivation for investment (expertise) to be a bit odd but then he's a billionaire, and I'm sat here wondering whether it's too early to eat my lunch.
Never too early

Was it!?

For month's people were claiming "Baxendale fixed the stadium costs" on social media

Despite Severfield PLC telling their shareholders that steel cost increases were "pass along costs" to clients

This has been a deliberate attempt to mislead Everton fans and shareholders in my book

By cancelling the EFC AGM these types of questions could not be addressed too. Scrutiny. Accountability.

The sooner this returns to Everton. Accountability. The better.

Was it!?

Moshir has been telling people since at least June 2022 that the cost of the stadium would be 760M, only two months after costs security was fixed. It was around this time that the club stopped using the '500M' in all their articles. The journalists kept on using it after that time.

Still, as Moshiri was saying, if they started now the costs would be over a billion.

If you think that Moshiri is flush with cash and is able to keep throwing money at the club I'm all ears.

Moshir has been telling people since at least June 2022 that the cost of the stadium would be 760M, only two months after costs security was fixed. It was around this time that the club stopped using the '500M' in all their articles. The journalists kept on using it after that time.

Still, as Moshiri was saying, if they started now the costs would be over a billion.

If you think that Moshiri is flush with cash and is able to keep throwing money at the club I'm all ears.

You, nor I know Moshiris financial circumstances.

He himself, repeatedly and only in recent weeks has said he can fund the stadium himself if he wants.

His public comment towards investment is around bringing in expertise.

Incorrect. Henry Winter had a tour of the stadium first week of August 2022 and was quoting individuals in the club making the claims in his article. Link above.

You, nor I know Moshiris financial circumstances.

He himself, repeatedly and only in recent weeks has said he can fund the stadium himself if he wants.

His public comment towards investment is around bringing in expertise.
'I've been talking to top investors to bridge a gap on the stadium', and telling people for at least the last 8 months that he is looking for funding for the last £260M, regardless of what he says after that, suggests he isnt flush with spare cash.

His wealth is around £2Bn, and most of that is tied to either Everton or other (some of them) sanctioned companies in Russia.

This isnt true mate.

He can be removed against his will, which is the likely outcome here.

MSP are serious people, I'd be very surprised if they keep the likes of Bill and Denise around. They want the best people.
Bit that's what I've believed from day one, he can be removed against his will, but Moshiri didn't want to remove him.
Some people think Moshiri can't remove him, which is crazy

Bit that's what I've believed from day one, he can be removed against his will, but Moshiri didn't want to remove him.
Some people think Moshiri can't remove him, which is crazy
Even if, and its a big if, such clause existed, if he really wanted he could have broken it and paid the damages. Would have probably been less than what Bill's earned over the years since the takeover.

Even if, and its a big if, such clause existed, if he really wanted he could have broken it and paid the damages. Would have probably been less than what Bill's earned over the years since the takeover.
Yeah exactly, Kenwright at anytime over the last 6 years could of been punted to history but Farhad wanted him to stay, its a refelection on what a terrible owner Moshiri has been

Still, a tad surprised he'd give up 20-25% of his toy for what isn't (on the surface at least) a lot of money to him.

I figured when he spoke about talking for investment, that it was really just a cover for a sale.

Not convinced the risk is massive to his wealth, hasn't his total wealth increased by more than the value of Everton since he bought the club? I'm sure Russia has thrown a spanner in the works....

Do you need to sell 20-25% of a club for the cost of Gordon and Richarlison to bring in expertise and commercial nous?

I have a feeling if he does, it's with a view to eventually selling up in full.

I think he wants out. Just a hunch.
Not reinvesting any of the Gordon money was the tell for me - he’s defo had enough.

Think this is a down payment on full sale, depending on a few factors, most pressingly avoiding relegation and the price will significantly drop. Think they will still buy him out even if we drop - just the numbers change.

If this small change sale accelerates kenwright and co getting booted out and sports businessmen with nous coming on board, I’m 100% behind it.