The Everton Board Thread

100% sir.

Moshiri aint daft he'll know 90% of the meeting will be moaning that Benitez is manager.

Weather the storm, spend a bit next summer when the accounts are a bit better and things will be much calmer.

He still needs to leg Kenwright oot the door though - disgrace how he's still lingering around like a bad smell.

…..makes you wonder what made him appoint Benitez. If he knew 90% of the fan base are against Benitez then Moshiri is daft.

…..makes you wonder what made him appoint Benitez. If he knew 90% of the fan base are against Benitez then Moshiri is daft.

Because he's likely the best candidate available for the job who wanted it.

As I said months ago Eggs this aint X Factor it aint a popularity contest. The owners have to go with who will work best with the squad of players, the budget constraints and who actually wants the gig.

All i know is that if Farhad Moshiri wasn't here, then a kopite has been would not be our manager. So you can draw your own conclusions there, with regards to how better off Everton are under his ownership. Appointing Benitez alone, never mind the millions squandered over the past 5 years, is enough to make me lose confidence in his ability to run the club. Moshiri and Benitez out of our club now!

They've got us to a point were blues are happy with a kopite manager who has won 1 in 8, soon to be 1 win in 9.

It's unacceptable.

They (or rather “he”) made a managerial appointment that they knew would turn fans against each other, and inevitably on the team as soon as things start to go badly. They (he) knew the manager wasn’t going to have any money to spend as the club is financially crippled from years of mismanagement and therefore chances of success were absolutely minute. They (he) knew that with pretty much any other manager, the spotlight would be on them for the dire situation we find ourselves in as a club, however Benitez very conveniently can absorb all the ire and anger of the fanbase because he’s a former Liverpool manager who our fans hate. It’s very cunning what they (he) have (has) done here.

We really should stick together as blues and be united against a common enemy. We are running out of time to save our club.

Because he's likely the best candidate available for the job who wanted it.

As I said months ago Eggs this aint X Factor it aint a popularity contest. The owners have to go with who will work best with the squad of players, the budget constraints and who actually wants the gig.

…I really don’t get your first point. Everton is a massive job and the PL a major attraction. It’s a big old world out there & there’ll be plenty of other candidates.

Regardless of his worth as a coach, this was always going to be a divisive appointment and one that could’ve been avoided. An incendiary situation will always be around the corner for the club if Benitez has a run of poor results.

100% sir.

Moshiri aint daft he'll know 90% of the meeting will be moaning that Benitez is manager.

Weather the storm, spend a bit next summer when the accounts are a bit better and things will be much calmer.

He still needs to leg Kenwright oot the door though - disgrace how he's still lingering around like a bad smell.

The accounts aren’t going to be better next summer??