The Everton Board Thread

It is the saving grace though. If we stayed at Goodison another 10-20 years (at least) while every one of our peers built/upgraded theirs we could easily find ourselves slipping down the table and owners that we should be courting going to clubs like Villa/Wolves/Forest/Leeds where they don't need to plough hundreds of millions into infrastructure even before thinking about the team.

Someone had to do this for the sake of the club, does that mean he should get a free ride due to the mistakes in other areas? No. But people who want to drive him out are bonkers and are effectively as bad as kopites as they'll quite happily see us in the dustbin.
My point is mate I'm all for the new ground if we have the correct people in place to make it beneficial, at the minute we don't IMO.
Right now with who we have in charge at board level i don't see anything changing playing in the new ground. We've just been nearly relegated after having more money and finances than we've ever had before. Its criminal and incompetence at best that we was in that position, we have had Allardyce and Benitez as our manager, we have players like Tosun stealing a living, Gomes + Delph on 100k plus a week, offering JJK 3 year contracts. Shocking mate!

You look at say Sunderland who had everything in place to be competing in the PL but bad decisions and bad management has plunged them into league 1 for a number of years. I'm not comparing us to them at all, just an example of how it can go horribly wrong with numptees at the helm

If between now and moving to the new stadium the whole board is changed then great but i wont hold my breath on that happening.

My point is mate I'm all for the new ground if we have the correct people in place to make it beneficial, at the minute we don't IMO.
Right now with who we have in charge at board level i don't see anything changing playing in the new ground. We've just been nearly relegated after having more money and finances than we've ever had before. Its criminal and incompetence at best that we was in that position, we have had Allardyce and Benitez as our manager, we have players like Tosun stealing a living, Gomes + Delph on 100k plus a week, offering JJK 3 year contracts. Shocking mate!

You look at say Sunderland who had everything in place to be competing in the PL but bad decisions and bad management has plunged them into league 1 for a number of years. I'm not comparing us to them at all, just an example of how it can go horribly wrong with numptees at the helm

If between now and moving to the new stadium the whole board is changed then great but i wont hold my breath on that happening.

The part where you have money as a club outside of the top 6 is the most difficult bit though. As you say Sunderland, QPR, Portsmouth all had cash but ultimately failed as you have to pay over the odds to try and improve but if you don't get traction, those players can easily switch off and just count their money.

If we had this investment when we were finishing top 5 things might have been different to add a few diamonds to the quality we already had, now we need a rebuild and are fans patient enough to see us buy decent young talent for the future instead of the here and now? As that's the only way you don't get all this 'we spent millions to stay where we were or get worse'.

In a roundabout way I'm saying pressure from the fan base has led to chase marquee signings as much as it has at board level. Less than 2 years ago we had Ancelotti and James and were top of the league, perspective is needed, we can't be all it's brilliant and then it's all utter crap.

You're right though we need the board to make better decisions and if the latest DoF fails then we do need a clear out at that level as you should only get so many bites of the cherry.

Complete load of fluff that said nothing. An confirmed the board are marking their own home work
It was all vague fluff for the most part but to be fair to him the first thing he did was personally apologise for the mistake made that lead to last season. That alone is more than Bill (the biggest blue to walk the earth) has ever done. It wasn't perfect but it was a very small step in the right direction. Others now need to follow suit but ultimately actions speak louder than words. We need to see lessons have been learned and we need to see a change of a approach otherwise it's all meaningless.

Farhad we appreciate the money you have put into the club. We are over the moon that you touch wood, are delivering us one of the finest stadiums in the country. But please for the benefit of the club you own and the benefit of your pocket, Fire all the useless kiss asses at the club. And hire proper business and football people to run the club. Then stay out of making any football decisions please. Enough with the PR crap that you haven’t even wrote or read.

I doubt Moshiri even read his *own* statement.
Not so sure,.

Somebody would have definitely wrote it for him, I'd be very surprised if it went out with his name on it without his own eyes on it.

I have worked with a lot of extremely wealthy individuals (sadly, I'm not one!) and they always read releases with their name on it, often more than once striking out some parts and making tweaks here and there.

Moshiri (I appreciate it's not always obvious!) isn't an idiot. I don't see why he'd be any different.

I didn't know where to put this so this thread seems as good a place as any.
The Athletic have published, probably the most details article to date about an unnamed footballer currently on bail and it's talks in some depth about said players club and the difficult situation it has found itself in and how it's been advised to act.
I know it can be debated but worth a read.

I didn't know where to put this so this thread seems as good a place as any.
The Athletic have published, probably the most details article to date about an unnamed footballer currently on bail and it's talks in some depth about said players club and the difficult situation it has found itself in and how it's been advised to act.
I know it can be debated but worth a read.

Was an excellent article. Also clarified that he IS still getting paid whilst the investigation is ongoing.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back