The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and doesn't the hack do a very good job of mentioning all the dodgy takeovers to the exclusion of those that worked. Isn't he supposed to be balanced as a journalist for a 'quality' paper? Apparently not.

But his point there is another massive underlining of the failure of the Kenwright regime: it's been on his watch - he's overseen two failed projects. We all know we need a new facility. We aren't getting one under this lot.

It's many shades of grey mate. There are pros and cons to them all. Some are one extreme others other.

I'd happily take on a low % interest loan from an investor who would build us a (redev)stadium that would allow us to turn over £3.5 million a game.

I would be less happy if that all the "investment" was spunked away on mercenary players. Any investment should primarily go into infrastructure to make the club's development sustainable.

That way Moyes isn't put in this same position in two or three years because revenues would be expanding not contracting.

But at the same time , that investor and the board should not be over spending, with the new revenues (and finance/debt) being accrued in some Gordon Brown type-splurge. Money should be being put away, or continually invested in infrastructure (i.e. hotels, bricks and mortar etc) and increasing finance reserves.

It should be a. Stadium / infrastructure / turnover increases

b. playing staff

c. putting the club on a sound financial footing (building up financial reserves).

NONE of which is happening under this current regime which is unacceptable.

Last edited:
It's many shades of grey mate. There are prps and cons to them all. Some are one extreme others other.

I'd happily take on a low % interest loan from an investor who would build us a (redev)stadium that would allow us to turn over £3.5 million a game.

I would be less happy if that all the "investment" was spunked away on mercenary players. Any investment should primarily go into infrastructure to make the club's development sustainable.

That way Moyes isn't put in this same position in two or three years because revenues would be expanding not contracting.

But at the same time , that investor and the board should not be over spending, with the new revenues (and finance/debt) being accrued in some Gordon Brown type-splurge. Money should be being put away, or continually invested in infrastructure (i.e. hotels, bricks and mortar etc) and increasing finance reserves.

It should be a. Stadium / infrastructure / turnover increases

b. playing staff

c. putting the club on a sound financial footing (building up financial reserves).

NONE of which is happening under this current regime which is unacceptable.

This all sounds good , but I think it's a case of easier said than done. It's finding the investor to want to fork out the money.

This all sounds good , but I think it's a case of easier said than done. It's finding the investor to want to fork out the money.

The global economy isn't contracting any more. Its growing between 4.2 and 4.4%

There is money out there. And the club have had offers before despite what is disingenuously said.

Kenwright, Woods and Earle need to accept they failed to get what they thought they could. A stadium and therefore increased revenues and club value.

Last edited:
The global economy isn't contracting any more. Its growing between 4.2 and 4.4%

There is money out there. And the club have had offers before despite what is disingenuously said.

Kenwright, Woods and Earle need to accept they failed to get what they thought they could. A stadium and therefore increased revenues and club value.

I agree these have failed miserably in moving the club forward , it's amateurish and embarrassing to see what hasn't been achieved.

Do you know who has made offers to the club? and why they have turned them down?

This morning Alan Brazil on Talksport has Joe Royle on the phone...

"Now I know a lot of the Everton fans are turning on Moyes, woah woah woah, just woah...." and then went onto say the same crap everyone says about Everton...how we should hug and kiss Bill and Davey for us being where we are etc etc....

If those bad bells could pull themselves away from the Sky4 for just a minute, they'll realise they have no idea how the fans truly feel at Everton...

It's insulting.

Joe Royle was diplomatic about it, but couldn't wait to get talking about Citeh....

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BORING. EVERYDAY.

In all fairness mate i listen to talksport and all alan brazil was doing was defending David Moyes (which is what i will do) saying look at everyhting he has done for the club. When we finised just outside telegation 4-5 years ago was we all asking for him to be sacked then. Also Joe Royal was not diplomatic he backed moyes and was spot on when he said we have to be careful of the charlton syndrome where eveyone thinks someone else can do better so we get rid of what we have and it goes pete tong which i think it will happen if we got rid of moyes. Also he basically said the supporters think they know how to manage the club better than the manager. ie saying moyes would not tell a electrition how to do his job and said supporters think they know better than the manager

Jesus wept, Matt Damon's chipped in with three cracking posts in the past two pages. I agree wholeheartedly with them too.

Who's hacked your account lad? This is disorienting.

Jesus wept, Matt Damon's chipped in with three cracking posts in the past two pages. I agree wholeheartedly with them too.

Who's hacked your account lad? This is disorienting.

***Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible***

faid do's though - Monsieur Damon is on-fire!

He does raise some salient points though, i think everyone knows we need investment, but there are a lot of bad Teds out there who want in. We know there is good and bad investment - there are examples of each. Its important to weed out Hick & Gillets of this world.

The second excellent point is in term sof the stadium, regardless of how deeply someone pockets are if they come in. The stadium turning over 24 million is massively poor especially when you consider our fanbase. If you offered me a choice of a new stadium with the current board or a billionaire who wanted to stay at Goodison - i would choose the first. The stadium really is vital above and beyond anything else.

There is no prospect of a new stadium or refurbing GP unless we have a very rich new owner so that excellent second point is pointless, it is catch 22.

Because the cat is out of the bag. Kenwright has resisted - decent - offers for the club.

Glad to see you've joined reality at last. Six months ago you'd be:

A) asking for a source on that
B) denying as "surely a buyer would have gone to the press'

If the asking price has deterred Quatar, Abu Dhabi, Ambani etc then Kenwright needs ****ing shafting.

Last edited:
Glad to see you've joined reality at last. Six months ago you'd be:

A) asking for a source on that
B) denying as "surely a buyer would have gone to the press'

If the asking price has deterred Quatar, Abu Dhabi, Ambani etc then Kenwright needs ****ing shafting.

Unlike you lad I've been far more consistent in my views. And still am.

And where's your proof I'd of been saying anything like that lad. Go on. Go try and find it - you supposedly quoting me with made up quotes.

If you're going to try and imply something - back it up. You're all fur coat no knickers you.

REALITY? - you don't know the meaning of the word.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.