The Everton Board Thread 2014/15

Is it time for change?

• I'm happy with the way thing are. Kenwright and the Board should stay.

• Kenwright and the board need to go. We need change.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is we are not the type of club to put pressure on the board. When the [Poor language removed] weren't happy with those last yanks they made it known. To many of our fans don't want to rock the boat and just accept the situation

The thing is we are not the type of club to put pressure on the board. When the [Poor language removed] weren't happy with those last yanks they made it known. To many of our fans don't want to rock the boat and just accept the situation
I agree. We are getting what we deserve. Shame about all that Nil Satis myth hey?

You are so full of contradictions here you really should consider politics mate.
Let me ask you. Are you in favour of the Board looking for an investor and not for a sale?

I am not contradicting myself, my view on the board is that new investment is needed but we must be careful who we get. Investment from Randy Lerner or a Mike Ashley is not good, as soon as a purchased player comes good they sell them (Rooney and Lescott i know) i feel our hands were tied with both mentioned. Investors also like to plaster their brands all over the place, some go as far as changing the name of the club (see Hull's Allam) or Tans changing of the colours (again i consider the badge debacle of everton recently).

I would like to see Kenwright have a Levy type role under both an investor or a sale to guide the ship. We crave success, we want to win things the right way via investment and home grown players, rather than throwing money as a quick fix. Like we all say its a shame there isnt a Evertonian Billionaire looking to buy a football club.

My point being with Lerner is that he is a investor, he bought the players then sold them for profit, he invested money and got a return on it. If Everton fans think we will get a investor who just throws money into the club for no return, are in for a shock. We all pray we will get a Abramovich or a Sheik but it is highly unlikely.

you sure about that? everything ive read says he's put loads into the club. He's also meant to have waived £100m worth of interest owed to him 18 months ago.

For Lerner it must be a sobering experience on which to reflect, in particular when he looks over the balance sheet. The former Cleveland Browns owner has pumped a small fortune into Villa – £206m by 2010 alone, which put him behind only Roman Abramovich at Chelsea and Sheikh Mansour at Manchester City at that time, and close to another £100m since – and yet he has seen the club haemorrhage money, season after season, and flirt with relegation in each of the past four years.

It is hard to think of another owner of a Premier League club who has spent so much of his own money and, in terms of performance on the pitch, ended up with so little to show for it. Under Lerner Villa's final Premier League position each year, starting with 2007, reads: 11th (£2.8m), sixth (£7.6m), sixth (£46.2m), sixth (£37.6m), ninth (£54m), 16th (£17.7m), 15th (£51.8m) and 15th.

The figures in brackets are the losses that Reform Acquisitions Limited, Lerner's holding company which owns Villa and a number of related companies, recorded each year – £217.7m in total, with this season's accounts still to come. It is little wonder that Lerner, who waived repayment of £90m in loans in December, decided enough was enough.

you sure about that? everything ive read says he's put loads into the club. He's also meant to have waived £100m worth of interest owed to him 18 months ago.

Lerner sold milner, downing and young at the first sign of £££. Whilst the figures are there for all to see, i think he would of been better keeping hold of these players to progress in the league. You cannot sell your best players then either A) Not reinvest or B) Buy poorer quality. Martin O'Neill left because his players were sold and the replacements lined up werent of good enough quality given the money available. Whilst he may of invested money he has took villa backwards.

Lerner sold milner, downing and young at the first sign of £££. Whilst the figures are there for all to see, i think he would of been better keeping hold of these players to progress in the league. You cannot sell your best players then either A) Not reinvest or B) Buy poorer quality. Martin O'Neill left because his players were sold and the replacements lined up werent of good enough quality given the money available. Whilst he may of invested money he has took villa backwards.

£217m of his own money put into the club, that amount could build us a boss new stadium in cash with no grants.

Heaven forbid such a bad man would want to take over out club

£217m of his own money put into the club, that amount could build us a boss new stadium in cash with no grants.

Heaven forbid such a bad man would want to take over out club

If a investor/buyer came in and said i will fund a new stadium but wont spend huge amounts of money on players and saddle us with debt, then i will have him in a heartbeat. You dont want a venkys type owner who buys the club and then does nothing.

I'm very sure Martin O'Neill spent a lot of money at Villa. Who can forget Bent?

If a investor/buyer came in and said i will fund a new stadium but wont spend huge amounts of money on players and saddle us with debt, then i will have him in a heartbeat. You dont want a venkys type owner who buys the club and then does nothing.

Or we could have the biggest blue in the universe and his merry men for 16 years who have invested a grand amount of zero into Everton. Sold the trainings grounds we had and now lease a training facility circa 1.2 million a year and expected to pay in the region of 15 milllion if we want to purchase. For, a facility that had a 7 million M&E cost.

16 years for a new stadium and all we have got back is a marquee in the park end. All hail Bill the proud winner of the Howard Kendall award and Goodison Hall of famer to boot. A club legend.

Or we could have the biggest blue in the universe and his merry men for 16 years who have invested a grand amount of zero into Everton. Sold the trainings grounds we had and now lease a training facility circa 1.2 million a year and expected to pay in the region of 15 milllion if we want to purchase. For, a facility that had a 7 million M&E cost.

16 years for a new stadium and all we have got back is a marquee in the park end. All hail Bill the proud winner of the Howard Kendall award and Goodison Hall of famer to boot. A club legend.

Are you a fan of Blue Bill or............

Status
Not open for further replies.