The Dyche Slap

Was the slap justified

• Yes - also Thatcher, a fantastic lady

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Think the big story is that someone's a grass and, even worse, talks to the Daily Mail. That's worse than the incident that happened. Find them and get them. gone.
Brother, no. It was a public place, anyone could have reported it for a few bob. Last thing we need to do is point the finger. Fans had already turned against patto for reporting, though Bobble has confirmed it wasn't him. And that its a nothing story apparently. Probably none of the team.

Nothing story sensationalised by a right wing fascist supporting rag. You can tell how big an issue it is by the quality of the websites that have ran with it - gossip aggregators with no journalistic credence whatsoever.

Will obviously be weaponised by some super-bloos on here who are desperate for us to go down to and give them their ultimate glory of saying "Told you so". Blind cynicism requires no thought or risk whatsoever. The default defence mechanism of the unimaginative coward.

Brother, no. It was a public place, anyone could have reported it for a few bob. Last thing we need to do is point the finger. Fans had already turned against patto for reporting, though Bobble has confirmed it wasn't him. And that its a nothing story apparently. Probably none of the team.
Probably just a Kopite waiter taking the wee wee.
File in the bin.

I reckon the issue here is that the clip round the ear is a dying art and without the practice it can lead to mistakes in the execution. The solution has to be to bring it back as allowed punishment and that way you get the perfect 'wake up' moment, instead of being knocked off your chair and out cold incidents.

I realise we’re all going to frame this thing in whatever way best suits our own prejudices.

So for me, I view it through the prism of Dyche the faux hard man - a timid man at heart who has somehow constructed an undeserved image of being tough and uncompromising.

Who else slaps the player least likely to give anything back?
Well he's Scottish so you never know.

I realise we’re all going to frame this thing in whatever way best suits our own prejudices.

So for me, I view it through the prism of Dyche the faux hard man - a timid man at heart who has somehow constructed an undeserved image of being tough and uncompromising.

Who else slaps the player least likely to give anything back?
Good point

Do you think he'd even contemplate doing that to Duncan.

How do these things even get out? Our club is an embarrassment from top to bottom. We don’t have a game, our best centre back in years has had an England call up and this is what happens. Yet again we get dragged through the mud because of players, managers, whoever just being crap. I’m loosing all hope and belief in everything. It’s so sad.

We’re a premier league club (a crap one) so are still a global brand.

To think not one person within the vicinity would recognise anyone of the players when 3 of them are actually Portuguese is an incredibly naive view point I’m afraid.

Also fed up of this “grass” culture if anyone speaks about wrong doing. Probably why we’ve had so many issues in the city.
The "grass" thing isn't just a Liverpool thing mate...And the cities issues definitely aren't to do with "grass culture"....

This just shows the amateur nature of Everton FC. A culture that's been implemented from the top over a very long time, with a brief respite while Moyes papered over the cracks and bought some actual discipline on the playing side. I don't wish for a billionaire owner, just someone who believes in professionalism in every aspect of the club. The amateurism symptoms started white the elephant single tier Park End stand and have gotten worse ever since.

The "grass" thing isn't just a Liverpool thing mate...And the cities issues definitely aren't to do with "grass culture"....

Strongly disagree. If you don’t think the recent deaths by drug and gun crime could have been prevented because “I’m not a grass lad” you’re not helping.

That poor young girl who got shot had countless people prosecuted because they didn’t want want to admit any involvement or admit any knowledge of the involvement.

Liverpool has a problem with “don’t be a grass” and this dates back to Rhys Jones.

Not discussing this anymore as it’s a very sensitive subject but don’t you dare claim the city doesn’t have a problem with it.

Strongly disagree. If you don’t think the recent deaths by drug and gun crime could have been prevented because “I’m not a grass lad” you’re not helping.

That poor young girl who got shot had countless people prosecuted because they didn’t want want to admit any involvement or admit any knowledge of the involvement.

Liverpool has a problem with “don’t be a grass” and this dates back to Rhys Jones.

Not discussing this anymore as it’s a very sensitive subject but don’t you dare claim the city doesn’t have a problem with it.