The Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've won the odd one or two under Moyes but we've only ever won one convincingly in 2003. We should have leathered them all over the shop last year and bottled it every time, so I wouldn't back us in a derby ever again. Wouldn't put a quid on us.

2003?

After last year's optimism before derbies spectacularly blew up in our faces I'm never going to think we're going to win against them until after the final whistle's gone. I have half a mind to think that even if they never turned up for the game and our lads were just standing on the pitch wondering what is going on we'd still manage to lose.

I hate them regardless of the circumstances. David Moyes' sides bottle it every single time against them - we could have Messi and Ronaldo in full flow and I wouldn't back us whilst he's in charge.

I'm not being "anti Moyes" here, I think we've had a good start to the season, and I think he's done great in the transfer market, but I still think you'd have to be a loon to back one of his sides in a derby or an important cup game.[/QUOTE]
It's not just Moist's sides. 1951 FA cup semi final; 1971 FA cup SF; 1977 FA cup SF; 1984 milk cup final, 1986 FA cup final; 1989 FA cup final.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, before th QF we'll do them, after the QF they'll do us. Funnily enough I don't think we've ever met them in a quarter final.

I hate them regardless of the circumstances. David Moyes' sides bottle it every single time against them - we could have Messi and Ronaldo in full flow and I wouldn't back us whilst he's in charge.

I'm not being "anti Moyes" here, I think we've had a good start to the season, and I think he's done great in the transfer market, but I still think you'd have to be a loon to back one of his sides in a derby or an important cup game.

The Gosling goal not count, or the other ones he won? Them aside I agree though.

With them winning last night do you reckon it will be a Sunday or Monday night game? Need to get flights booked asap.

Probably a Sunday. Plod don't like derby games of a night. Unless there's a Sky game already on the Sunday that weekend.

I'm not being "anti Moyes" here, I think we've had a good start to the season, and I think he's done great in the transfer market, but I still think you'd have to be a loon to back one of his sides in a derby or an important cup game.

carsley_derby_05_mid.jpg

46251F7C-0ADB-E051-D2D7D4AE95C61661.jpg

tim-cahill_1247016c.jpg

image-15-for-gallery-everton-fc-and-england-defender-joleon-lescott-6546669.jpg

everton-liverpool-mikel-arteta-cropped.jpg

Short memory you mate..

Status
Not open for further replies.