The case for Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're dead right, one got sacked and the other is about to.
That said, I think Barry played much deeper than any midfielder we've tried in that position since.
The rest of Martinez's recruitment was what let him down at the back, same with Koeman.
Silva has the players but cant seem to make them play.
Hopefully the next cycle will balance recruitment and coaching!
Barry used to drop in with the centre backs, which makes perfect sense when you have attacking full backs because he’s covering their runs. It also helps in terms of playing the ball out from the back.

A little table that I knocked up using the form of the last 5 or 10 games. What it wont show is our form nose diving by playing 5 of the top 6.

But it will show you it might be tighter than we anticipated especially if we do not get results against Cardiff, Newcastle and Burnley........ I dont think Brighton, Leicester and Crystal Palace will end up as bad as illustrated.

A little table that I knocked up using the form of the last 5 or 10 games. What it wont show is our form nose diving by playing 5 of the top 6.

But it will show you it might be tighter than we anticipated especially if we do not get results against Cardiff, Newcastle and Burnley........ I dont think Brighton, Leicester and Crystal Palace will end up as bad as illustrated.

View attachment 54263
Brighton to get only 2 more points?
Wolves to get 24.
Burnley 22.
Southampton 19..
Be very very surprised by this!

View attachment 54263
Is that you Bielsa?

View attachment 54263
Holy crap, this is like something to be found at RAWK proving why the RS really are the worlds the best team. If you want to be really "clever" then you could grab certain results from certain games and "prove" whatever you want.
Lanolin has made it as clear as it's possible to make why it is highly unlikely the Southampton will catch us (never mind the rest). The coach there has had a bounce for sure but still nowhere near enough to catch us.

Another reason to stay

He has managed three prem sides who all boast the worst defensive set piece records in the league

Yay

It’s not his fault though give him more time to sign a striker so that he can head all the balls out of our box yay

So that was a coincidence and nothing to with his management?

Holy crap, this is like something to be found at RAWK proving why the RS really are the worlds the best team. If you want to be really "clever" then you could grab certain results from certain games and "prove" whatever you want.
Lanolin has made it as clear as it's possible to make why it is highly unlikely the Southampton will catch us (never mind the rest). The coach there has had a bounce for sure but still nowhere near enough to catch us.
So, when will be our dead cat bounce?

So that was a coincidence and nothing to with his management?
Well the information that is based on was a tweet by Richard Keys and was not actually the three teams with the worst defensive record at set pieces, it was the worst record after 25 games (I think). This also meant that the figures for Hull included only 4 games under Silvas management (2 of which were clean sheets). But hey don't let facts get in the way of demonizing an Everton manager and trying to hound him out!

First of all, there was only not money available in January. They'll be money in the summer, relax.

Second of all, if I hear that "SAM GOT US 8TH" one more time I'm going to vomit. He was 2 points out of 9th when he started.

I'm going to vomit if I see someone write "we're only in 9th" to defend Silva again without acknowledging our home fixtures and our away form.

If we finish in the top half I'll be surprised. Despite not wanting to give Allardyce any credit I would bet you right now that Silva won't achieve 8th place or even top half come the end of the season.

I'm going to vomit if I see someone write "we're only in 9th" to defend Silva again without acknowledging our home fixtures and our away form.

If we finish in the top half I'll be surprised. Despite not wanting to give Allardyce any credit I would bet you right now that Silva won't achieve 8th place or even top half come the end of the season.

If we lose net game and others win or draw we can easily go down to 12th!

I hate Silva.

I know it's not all his fault. I hate Everton. I hate them all. It's all their fault. Can we set fire to the lot?

Messing about aside, the OP makes fair points. He's having to flog a core group of players because, despite a huge squad on paper, a load of them are old, crap, or on loan (as well as being crap). Im hust dissapointed at how quickly the squad / teams resolve disentegrated. That's players and management, but a worry.

I hate Silva.

I know it's not all his fault. I hate Everton. I hate them all. It's all their fault. Can we set fire to the lot?

Messing about aside, the OP makes fair points. He's having to flog a core group of players because, despite a huge squad on paper, a load of them are old, crap, or on loan (as well as being crap). Im hust dissapointed at how quickly the squad / teams resolve disentegrated. That's players and management, but a worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.