The Cahill conundrum

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVERTON TILL I DIE

Player Valuation: £1m
While watching the usual non-movement of players for Everton, I cannot help but think that we should let Tim Cahill go if the chance comes — not because he has dropped a level in performance, but because if he is still an Everton player next season then David Moyes will play him every week. I think he got 2 goals in total last year and this is not good enough for a second striker.

Okay he may have lost a bit of spring in his leap and we all still appreciate what he has done, but David Moyes will play him ahead of another player every time, with possibly the same thing happened as with Saha when it took 4 months of misery watching him misfire.

Perhaps for the good of the club and for us to be more of a threat we need to let him move on?

While watching the usual non-movement of players for Everton, I cannot help but think that we should let Tim Cahill go if the chance comes — not because he has dropped a level in performance, but because if he is still an Everton player next season then David Moyes will play him every week. I think he got 2 goals in total last year and this is not good enough for a second striker.

Okay he may have lost a bit of spring in his leap and we all still appreciate what he has done, but David Moyes will play him ahead of another player every time, with possibly the same thing happened as with Saha when it took 4 months of misery watching him misfire.

Perhaps for the good of the club and for us to be more of a threat we need to let him move on?

Comparing him to Saha is joke, especially if we sign Naismith. Saha was playing because there were pretty much no other strikers on the team... we have enough midfielders to get by.

The real Tim Cahill conundrum is that we need so many threads to solve the conundrum that is the Tim Cahill conundrum which causes a further conundrum about the threads which all talk about the Cahill conundrum. It's quite the conundrum if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.