The best first eleven in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueblue

Player Valuation: £60m
When I look at the transfer speculation thread and miscellaneous other threads about how our best players are going to be signed this summer by all sorts of teams, it got me wondering about how good our players really are, just how far from the best first eleven in the premiership are we ?

Coleman is going to Utd, Arsenal or Chelsea,
Barkley probably to Man City,
Stones to replace Terry at Chelsea,
McCarthy to Spurs, Utd or Arsenal
Lukaku to Wolfsburg or Altetico Madrid,
Mirallas to Atletico as well
Baines is the only one for certain that we know was a genuine target for Utd.

That is seven of our first team that,if you believe the papers and commentators are wanted by the biggest and richest clubs around.
If you were to add Jagielka to that(subject of a failed bid from Arsenal some years ago) does that mean three more players would give us a first eleven as good as any in the premiership?.............or are we overrating our players as we often do?

When I look at the transfer speculation thread and miscellaneous other threads about how our best players are going to be signed this summer by all sorts of teams, it got me wondering about how good our players really are, just how far from the best first eleven in the premiership are we ?

Coleman is going to Utd, Arsenal or Chelsea,
Barkley probably to Man City,
Stones to replace Terry at Chelsea,
McCarthy to Spurs, Utd or Arsenal
Lukaku to Wolfsburg or Altetico Madrid,
Mirallas to Atletico as well
Baines is the only one for certain that we know was a genuine target for Utd.

That is seven of our first team that,if you believe the papers and commentators are wanted by the biggest and richest clubs around.
If you were to add Jagielka to that(subject of a failed bid from Arsenal some years ago) does that mean three more players would give us a first eleven as good as any in the premiership?.............or are we overrating our players as we often do?

Depends. If the three players were Messi, Ronaldo and Suarez then probably.

If they're not as good as Costa, Willian, Hazard, Matic, Fabregas, Terry, Courtois, Cech etc. etc. then no.

If you add 1-3 genuine top, top quality players to almost any team in the league they'll be fighting at the top end of the table.

We are so far from being anywhere near the top of the league it's not even worth thinking about. Let's get challenging for Europe again first.

Don't think a single one of our players would get in Chelsea's first XI. Maybe Coleman on last year's form but not this year. Stones might push Cahill but apart from that no one comes close IMO

Dont think United still want Baines, he hasn't had the best of seasons, i think he might of peaked. United must have a big pot available in the summer to go for bigger names.

There are rumours Chelsea want to buy Lambert and Adebayor.

They actually did buy Steve Sidwell.

Papers lie, clubs make mistakes, doesn't make you a world class player because a world class team buys you.

Sometimes it's just that player fits into that particular system. Sometimes it's that a club made a mad purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.