Votes: 83 55.0%
  • Rooney

Votes: 68 45.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duncan Disordely

Player Valuation: £35m
I've seen a lot of people say how much Barkley's goal against City reminded them of Rooney's strike against Arsenal, so which is the better goal?

"Remember the name.."

16 year old Wayne Rooney announced his arrival to the world with this goal against Arsenal, ending an almost year long undefeated streak for them.

".. A magnificent goal"

Barkley opened the scoring in a 3-2 defeat to Man City with this one.

For me the Barkley strike is better, he doesn't take a touch, it's from a more difficult angle and he knew as soon as the ball came to him what he was going to do.

Rooney's was, NEA. The timing of it and the fact he was 16 (FFS) at the time. That broke Arsenal's unbeaten run didn't it?

Sorry but Rooney cos he was better than barkley at a young age and for me the best we've produced, if he'd stayed I believe he'd have been a better player than he became

Barkleys is way more difficult of a strike to pull off, much better than rooneys in my opinion

Rooney for me

16 years old, 16 !!! ... I was worrying about my maths coursework at 16.

This kid was doing stuff like this instead. Don't underestimate the way he controlled that punt and turned in one fluid motion. The way he looked up and picked his spot from 30 yards was pin point. Sublime effort.

Rooney

Both ridiculous goals, but i'm saying Rooney's is the better of the two simply because it was a late winner against "invincible" Arsenal.

It's such a shame that Barkley's goal has almost been forgotten about in the media, being overshadowed over the absolute nonsense of the build up prior to the game.

Hoping to see a few more of them next season from Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.