The Bandwagon Is Rolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrD

Player Valuation: £10m
Seems like everyone and their dog has started jumping on the Everton + Longball bandwagon. Just listened to an interview with Martin jol and he must have mentioned it about 5 times in 3 minutes.

How come not many people comment when Everton zing it around for fun.

also, i watched the Spurs game last night, at one point Garethe Bale (I think it was Bale) hoofed a ball a good 80 yards into the far corner hoping for a player to geton the end of it and the commentator said something like, 'A lovely searching cross field ball there'!

Funny how Everton lump up the long balls but most other teams play lovely expansive football!

Ok, i know we can be guilty of the odd hoof but it's starting to bug me now.

Jol didn't mean it with any harsh feelings, in fact he was having a dig at Gerrard saying "Just a long ball team, what are you on about?"

We play it long on occasions to felli but who wouldn't if they had a 6ft4 monster up there who is magic with the ball at his feet and can chest it down like that? I'd rather us get it to felli and start playing from the opposition half than pass the ball needlessly around the back 7 or 8 times

We play the best football in the league and people mostly recognise that.

Mind the commentator on the fulham match pissed me off something awful. When we scored our second he was like "Moyes has come under a lot of criticism this week for his style of play but he can point at that and say it works," which is just bollocks.

To be honest I'm past the point of caring. We know the football we play is good, and the fact that we're 4th and should arguably be higher is a testament to that. Hopefully giving Sunderland a hiding will underline that fact.

Haven't got a clue why people let this stuff bother them so much. Everyone can see we're playing great football so who cares?!

IMO:

Passing football > Long ball football

However,

Passing football that goes nowhere < Long ball football which results in a goal.

If you get me. Anyway we play some great stuff and we're not a long ball team so anyone who says we are can koff.

To be honest I'm past the point of caring. We know the football we play is good, and the fact that we're 4th and should arguably be higher is a testament to that. Hopefully giving Sunderland a hiding will underline that fact.

pretty much this, who gives a **** really? we know how good we are, it's better to go under the radar and it's the same with our player performances. If they get hyped all over the shop like felli is going to be this season, then there's more chance they won't be with us anymore. If opposition managers are stupid enough to listen to a media perception of us instead of studying us, they are in for one hell of a battering because baines, pienaar, mirallas and coleman will run rings round their full backs if they play narrow expecting one simple lump up to felli all game

The media are stuck back in 2004. We played scintillating stuff between 07 and 09 as well and no one really took any notice. We could take Sunderland apart on Saturday, playing better footy than any other team in the league has played this year, scoring 5 or 6 and the MOTD analysis would be about how "effective" our long balls to Fellaini are.

Like Brennan says, I'm past giving a flying these days, tbh.

I don't care if other people say we kill kittens. I've seen with my own eyes, we play very attractive football. And as far as I know, we don't kill kittens.

It's coz we're 4th and Everton shouldnt be 4th so they must be using some form of witchcraft combined with **** long ball footy and are getting lucky.

We are buzzing the ball around for fun, playing it long when nessessary. That's what football is. A mixture of both.

At least we're not trying to play ticki tacki football for 90 minutes and embaressing ourselves by failing like Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.