The Absolute State of This Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we go into the season with this playing squad then we are going to be much nearer the bottom than the top. No one can be happy about that.
smirk-kid.gif

Correct we are a ridiculous mess.
Spent 500m and we are no further forward. Imbalanced squad lacking in crucial areas.
Managed by the most safety first manager you could think of. And to top it off he's a RS legend.
Probably sell most of our creativity in James.
No investment in the team that's crying out for a RB minimum because our books are an absolute mess.

A ridiculous experiment in how not to run a football club.
Remember less than 12 months when we had the top 5 in the download charts and Miley Cyrus fans the world over were puking in their corn flakes.

Seems like retribution to me.

Though I think the Original Post is so tongue in cheek that it's popping out the otherside like Alien.

I do think this is the most disenchanted I've been with Everton and football in general. The club has no identity and is run by absolute imbeciles.

Add to that having to watch teams dropping 100m's left right and centre while we try and scrape together the ability to spend 15m on a position we should've replaced about 3 years ago is so frustrating.

The gap between the elite and the rest of us has never seemed so vast and with FFP in place it's only gonna get bigger.

I can't wait for the Super League to happen, which it will, because this league needs a reset.

I'm relaxed about this season. Last season I saw a real chance of progress, which made me nervous watching us and disappointed when we were rubbish, which was most of the season. This season I know we're rubbish and have virtually no chance of European qualification, and probably enough about us and a savvy enough manager to stay out of relegation trouble, so I don't really care. I just hope they don't put many of our matches on the TV as I feel obliged to watch!

Inappropriate Language
Cool. And guess what? Aids to you too
Not cool and that’s me talking about your behaviour. I may have pissed people off in the Covid thread saying we should just get on with our lives after 16 months of that sheiße of playing grown-ups versions of playground games where you have to keep well away from everyone, while missing your friends and saying further lockdowns won’t be supported by the public because they’ve had a gutsfull of it all, but I had good intentions!!!!.

You on the other hand joking about AIDS and wishing it on others is just bang out of order and well, well below the belt.

At what point do you say we need new ownership? The man is a complete let down and every decision he makes seems to be wrong. Has he really invested loads anyway? The first few years we sold Lukaku and Stones remember!
Brands has been an absolute joke. His policy seems to be to find players who once had promise but have since proven themselves to be bang average for 3 years. It is at this point that Brands steps in and buys. That holds true for almost every signing. It’s really only Digne and Godfrey I’d be happy with. And how is this underperformance dealt with? He gets a new contract! I’m not much of a fan of James I have to say. I know I’m in the minority but I think he’s been an expensive let down. But I’d rather him play 5 or 10 good games this season than trust Brands with a £20m replacement. How sad is that?
At the end of the day what is Moshiris purpose? To get us a new stadium? It’s all debt on the club anyway, he just happens to have a better credit rating. And his latest massive cock up is the new manager. Don’t get me wrong, I’m no hater. I won’t boo him, I want us to succeed but I’m dead against it simply because so many others are. What sort of idiot appoints a man that could get booed from the start and doesn’t back him in the transfer market? Baffling incompetence yet again.
We are in for a tough season. The best we can hope for is mid table, the worst is a relegation fight.

At what point do you say we need new ownership? The man is a complete let down and every decision he makes seems to be wrong. Has he really invested loads anyway? The first few years we sold Lukaku and Stones remember!
Brands has been an absolute joke. His policy seems to be to find players who once had promise but have since proven themselves to be bang average for 3 years. It is at this point that Brands steps in and buys. That holds true for almost every signing. It’s really only Digne and Godfrey I’d be happy with. And how is this underperformance dealt with? He gets a new contract! I’m not much of a fan of James I have to say. I know I’m in the minority but I think he’s been an expensive let down. But I’d rather him play 5 or 10 good games this season than trust Brands with a £20m replacement. How sad is that?
At the end of the day what is Moshiris purpose? To get us a new stadium? It’s all debt on the club anyway, he just happens to have a better credit rating. And his latest massive cock up is the new manager. Don’t get me wrong, I’m no hater. I won’t boo him, I want us to succeed but I’m dead against it simply because so many others are. What sort of idiot appoints a man that could get booed from the start and doesn’t back him in the transfer market? Baffling incompetence yet again.
We are in for a tough season. The best we can hope for is mid table, the worst is a relegation fight.

let’s get bk back. woooop

Status
Not open for further replies.