The 4-2-3-1 is a boring formation in disguise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

APN_EFC

Player Valuation: £25m
This formation is made to look like an attacking one, with a front 4, but in reality, only teams like the current Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal actually use it that way, and most of the rest of us are playing a conservative 4-5-1 in disguise. This is especially true when there's no genuine wingers, and the middle one of the 3 drops deep, or all of the midfielders play narrow.

Are you happy with this formation, or would you like to see a return to 4-4-2, 3-5-2 or 4-3-3? (I don't mean for us, I mean generally).

Our dilemma I think is where to fit in Barry and Barkley, who have to both play, but what if we actually went to 2 up front with Mirallas up there, Bolasie on the left and Deulofeu on the right. Too attacking? Rebrand Barkley as a box to box midfielder?

When we play the so called bigger teams we just need to leave this in the car park.

4512567312.jpg

Last edited:
Whatever happened to 442 FFS, and the manager saying 'go out there and get stuck in'

Turned into a right tarts game this.
Bet Ferguson and Clough didn't exactly bother with formations. They just told the players what is expected from them and motivate them properly. Ranieri is playing same "system" as last year and they are midtable now. It's a managament that matters mostly.

Bet Ferguson and Clough didn't exactly bother with formations. They just told the players what is expected from them and motivate them properly. Ranieri is playing same "system" as last year and they are midtable now. It's a managament that matters mostly.
upload_2016-11-6_18-56-19.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.