THE 2023/2024 EVERTON WOMENS SUPER LEAGUE & CUP GAMES

Just looked in vain for a report of this game on the BBC football pages, nothing other than the result. Did they report it yesterday? I thought a Villa game would get more coverage.

Just looked in vain for a report of this game on the BBC football pages, nothing other than the result. Did they report it yesterday? I thought a Villa game would get more coverage.
Unless it's the top 4, or your club is playing against top 4, you probably dont get mentioned to much. Same way as the highlights on TV are just basically goals in Everton's games - bar if playing v top 4 then its highlights. Our game to me was one of the games of the round and should actually have been a TV game, not that the cup is showed to much on tv and usualy the odd link via BBC website or FA Player

Last edited:

Unless it's the top 4, or your club is playing against top 4, you probably dont get mentioned to much. Same way as the highlights on TV are just basically goals in Everton's games - bar if playing v top 4 then its highlights. Our game to me was one of the games of the round and should actually have been a TV game, not that the cup is showed to much on tv and usualy the odd link via BBC website or FA Player
I am not remotely surprised to find Everton don't get much attention, especially with the indifferent form this season, but I thought Villa were one of the new media darlings. It just seems like an obvious snub for such a good result.

I am not remotely surprised to find Everton don't get much attention, especially with the indifferent form this season, but I thought Villa were one of the new media darlings. It just seems like an obvious snub for such a good result.
It's not just this season, It's every season. The team who finish 5th in the WSL seem to end up cursed the following season. It's happened to Everton, Spurs, Villa at present and Birmingham not to long ago