THE 2021/2022 EVERTON WOMENS SUPER LEAGUE & CUP GAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.
That really was garbage against a City team that has struggled all season, apart from when they play Everton.
12 times in 18 games we have conceeded 3 or more v city, while losing all those games, last win v them 9 years ago
All the worse considering how poor they have been this season when not playing us.

Inferiority complex at play in the Women's team as well it appears.

Have to admit, I think there is overall good (not exceptional) talent across the squad, so makes me wonder about the manager / preparation, etc.
I posted about this back during the Summer recruiting spree, and I stick with my thoughts that it won't be until next season that we see the benefits of all the new signings coming to fruition. But I do I agree that Kirk is on borrowed time if this trend continues.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...ns-super-league-cup-games.112649/post-8985093

I posted about this back during the Summer recruiting spree, and I stick with my thoughts that it won't be until next season that we see the benefits of all the new signings coming to fruition. But I do I agree that Kirk is on borrowed time if this trend continues.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...ns-super-league-cup-games.112649/post-8985093
Off course all new players will need time with been so many but he is changing the team to much during every game, but again he keeps playing systems v these better teams that have not worked in the 1st game etc, never mind the 2nd/3rd and tonight, its like he keeps trying things that dont work just for the hell of hoping it does work, and not making him look like he's wrong for trying it-how we have many Injuries after not playing to many games as well i dont know-bar the Sorensen one which was a bad Injury

Off course all new players will need time with been so many but he is changing the team to much during every game, but again he keeps playing systems v these better teams that have not worked in the 1st game etc, never mind the 2nd/3rd and tonight, its like he keeps trying things that dont work just for the hell of hoping it does work, and not making him look like he's wrong for trying it-how we have many Injuries after not playing to many games as well i dont know-bar the Sorensen one which was a bad Injury
I don't think Kirk will be Manager next season, never thought it to be honest as our Summer spree evolved. If we keep getting humiliated by the top 4 he'll be out before this season ends possibly.

I don't think Kirk will be Manager next season, never thought it to be honest as our Summer spree evolved. If we keep getting humiliated by the top 4 he'll be out before this season ends possibly.
They want Top 3, so if we keep performing the way we are against these better teams with the squad we have got which is one of the best in a very long time, then he will go - the only little bit of luck he may get is we are the only team to play the Top 3 via the league [7 of our last 9 games have been v the top 3 in cup/league] and a win the next game in a month may leave us only 4 points off 3rd after 6 games-but may get a little awkward depending what team he picks , as we return away v Leicester in the cup on the wed then play Brighton on the sat at home -Brighton will have the full week off as they have no cup game

They want Top 3, so if we keep performing the way we are against these better teams with the squad we have got which is one of the best in a very long time, then he will go - the only little bit of luck he may get is we are the only team to play the Top 3 via the league [7 of our last 9 games have been v the top 3 in cup/league] and a win the next game in a month may leave us only 4 points off 3rd after 6 games-but may get a little awkward depending what team he picks , as we return away v Leicester in the cup on the wed then play Brighton on the sat at home -Brighton will have the full week off as they have no cup game
All good points. There's losing honourably as you build a team to compete, and then there's been humiliated regularly by those you are chasing, with the Manager looking out of his depth. The return matches later this season will be key to his future...if he isn't sacked on the short bus trip back home tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.