THE 2021/2022 EVERTON WOMENS SUPER LEAGUE & CUP GAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team seems to be, lots of money spent, raised expectations only to be massively let down
Fair play, though I think it's somewhat relative. It's a great point that expectations have been raised as well with the women's team in terms of "incoming" players, but with regard to building the program Everton are literally years behind the likes of Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal (the men's team don't have this "excuse" though perhaps having less cash to spend is an issue there). Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan and actually feel quite let down by the manner of today's defeat, but my take is that although City may well be a better team overall, the tactics were wrong from the start and put the ladies behind the 8-ball right from the off. I'm actually a big fan of Willie Kirk and admire both what he's done and his honesty, but today was not his finest hour.....

The right back was caught to many times 1st half but shes not a right back to be fair, Thought Kenza Dali looked pretty decent 1st half and didnt expect to see her subbed, it was always going to be hard to beat a team who have not lost to anyone lower than 3rd since 2018 [61 games] and one we have now lost 17 games in a row against all comps [11 in the league], It gets no easier next week v chelsea a team everton last beat in the league 2013 wile next w

Tactics were all wrong from Kirk from the off - handed the impetus to city and the took hold of the game and never let it go.

Some positives to take - Dali and Galli looked good in midfield, and bennison looks a talent (should have started today imo). They are gonna have to get sorted out quick to make a dent on the top four.

Quite worrying considering city haven't had a preseason, but dominated the game like and were so far ahead of Everton.

Attacking was more than we have done v city than most other games, so in that respect thats changed v the better teams, but not playing players in their correct places doesnt help anyone no matter how clever you try and be

Went to the game today. We got battered by an excellent Manchester City but the first half we let them slice us open.

My first women’s game (and I haven't been in the main stand for yonks) but the highlight of the day was all the young girls cheering on their team. It must be so great for them to see their own gender play and on the cover of the programs. Something I took for granted as a young lad.

However, the poor little loves don’t know how much heartache the blues will bring them. I heard this poor girl shouting ‘Everton’ all through the first half…. the 2nd half not so much. Bless.

Last edited:
Not forgetting that Leonie Maier is the actual right back as well, but she has a thigh strain and as far as i know Sevecke has not played right back, and Sevecke combined with new players all around was always a tall order, never expected 4-0 though off course but City have 17 wins in a row and always seem to score 3 or more v us and as again today usually score 2 goals in mins

I think Willie Kirk is already on Thin ice after Everton equalled their worst result of last season [4-0 lost at Chelsea-who we play next and away at Arsenal],
As Sarvar was very Angry

As ive said many times before, we had lost our last 16 games v City before yesterday going back to 2012 all comps, now 17 off course after that 4-0 defeat, but here are those 17 defeats [Thanks to a man city fan for this] - City have scored 3 or more against Everton on 11 occasions, which is their best record v any other team

1630859255871.png

So the 18 year old keeper does sign, like i said not long ago before the actual keeper we did sign lol

Everton have signed Iceland international goalkeeper Cecilía Rán Rúnarsdóttir on a three-year deal until the end of June 2024.

The 18-year-old joins from Swedish club KIF Örebro where she will remain on loan for the rest of this year before joining the Blues in January 2022.

Despite turning 18 only last month, Rúnarsdóttir has been capped three times by Iceland after making her debut in March 2020 when she started in a 1-0 win over Northern Ireland, becoming her nation’s youngest goalkeeper.

It’s amazing to sign for Everton,” Rúnarsdóttir told evertontv. “Everton is a big club and you can see with the players they are signing that they are building big.

“I’m just so thankful I’m going to be a part of it.

“Obviously, I’m very young but I have a lot of experience playing senior football which helps.

“I feel like I’ve gained a lot of maturity in the game.

“They have the squad and the environment to do that.”

Rúnarsdóttir came through the academy at Icelandic club UMF Afturelding, breaking into the senior side at the age of 15 and helping them win the third division title before moving to Fylkir for the following two seasons.

In March this year, the teenager moved to Swedish outfit KIF Örebro.

“We first identified Cecilia 18 months ago as a long-term target and have kept tabs with her development ever since,” revealed Everton manager Willie Kirk.

“We felt now was the right time to make a long-term commitment to her and I’m delighted it’s been agreed.

“Cecilia has huge potential and I’m excited about playing our part in that.

“First of all, though, we are putting our trust in KIF Örebro.

“We are pleased she will be continuing her football there and we think it’s a good club for her to keep developing and take the next step as she prepares herself for WSL football.

“Our goalkeeping coach, Ian McCaldon has already spoken with Cecilia a number of times and will also help develop her from afar.”

This Icelandic girl is 6”2 (1.88m) and she only turned 18 at the end of July, she’s taller than Pickford. By comparison Sandy Maclver is 5”9 and Courtney Brosnan 5”7, lots of other factors but her size alone is going to be some advantage for us if she develops as hoped.

Status
Not open for further replies.