Telegraph: Everton a shining beacon for good

Status
Not open for further replies.
All credit to those that do this every single day, very proud of them as an Evertonian. Here's the key:

“We don’t do community because we should be seen to do it, we do it because we want to and because it’s needed,’’

Terrific stuff.
Love how it challenges the model of football as just a consumer object, drive by profit and product. There are other ways - clubs embedded in local community, growing an ever denser web of social connections. May not be the kind of thing that wins silverware, but maybe there are other kinds of satisfactions to be taken from a club, ones that Sky doesn't cover....

Last edited:

2jd1bg0.png

Brilliant from the club.
Got me thinking only good will come from the proposed stadium move to Walton Hall park,pretty sure the area would be well looked after with a club like ours at the helm .
Then think back to the "doomsayers" on the Kirkby debarcle.Since Tesco have now pulled the plug on their development what a waste.
Lets hope the "dog walkers " dont get their wish & let Everton show what they can do for their part of the community .
Yes terrific from the club long may it last...proud to be Blue .

Then think back to the "doomsayers" on the Kirkby debarcle.Since Tesco have now pulled the plug on their development what a waste.
To be fair mate there was an awful lot wrong with the Kirkby proposal not least the tin can stadium.

I won't start getting excited about Walton Hall Park until I see the stadium design.

To be fair mate there was an awful lot wrong with the Kirkby proposal not least the tin can stadium.

I won't start getting excited about Walton Hall Park until I see the stadium design.
True ...just remember the bile being quoted at the time.
Wether the stadium was good or not is neither here or there,just a great opportunity missed for the area.
Think Everton would have been great for that community, lets hope it is for Walton Hall Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.