Talent identification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Livramento is the type of deal we'll have to be all over. Take the best U18/U23 players. We have a huge gap (once Godfrey turns 24 in Jan) with no regular players U24 in the squad.

City and Chelsea will sell them to us but they'll want buyback clauses. It does limit the upside in any deals we do.

In the meantime we need to sort out youth recruitment, player development etc but this should fill the gap. One thing I have noticed is young English players want to play, they have seen careers fizzle out through lack of first team games at 18-21 so they will only sign short deals and their agents will force moves. Need to position ourselves as a viable choice.

….Brands is on record as saying he can’t sign any player without green light from Benitez, meanwhile the Manager and Moshiri can bring their own players in.

Not doubting you, but where was this reported?

I'd like to read the article if you have it handy.

If it means he "Can't sign anyone 1st team ready without Benitez approval" I can grudgingly understand why the manager has a power of veto.

If it applies to prospects it makes his position completely redundant.

Not doubting you, but where was this reported?

I'd like to read the article if you have it handy.

If it means he "Can't sign anyone 1st team ready without Benitez approval" I can grudgingly understand why the manager has a power of veto.

If it applies to prospects it makes his position completely redundant.

….Brands said this in the Summer, I’m sure it’s quoted and sourced in here somewhere (probably from the Echo).

I’m sure he will say the scope of his job is more than transfers.

It will never happen as long as Brands is around. We should simply sack our DOF and his entourage and hire the entire scouting/recruiting team from Leipzig.

And yes unsworth must go too. Piss poor at developing players with adequate technical ability to be successful.
Yea because we can simply just steal the scouts of a team in a better position than us.

….Brands said this in the Summer, I’m sure it’s quoted and sourced in here somewhere (probably from the Echo).

I’m sure he will say the scope of his job is more than transfers.
Oh for sure, his scope should be far wider than it appears to be.

For me DoF (Brands or whoever) should have almost total control over the football.

The owner should be able the veto a managerial choice.

The first team manager (coach) should be able to veto first team buys over a set amount.

If a DoF has that power, he also needs time, 5 years plus before he can be fairly judged.

Unfortunately for Everton (and Brands) we have wasted over 3 years by allowing managers to go off strategy.

It's weird they keep the DoF model going if they have very little interest in using it properly.

Ships sailed. Wanted him when he was at Chelsea but he's too expensive now. Henry Lawrence at Chelsea should be getting eyed up now instead

Not sure it has sailed yet....depends on what the pot looks like for the position in Jan or summer.

At the moment, weve got the starting group of Godfrey, Gray, DCL, Richarlison and then Mina, Pickford, Doucoure, Digne in the next older group.

We should be aiming to build an u21 group now to come through, so hopefully that includes a high quality/potential right back and one or two more.

Not sure it has sailed yet....depends on what the pot looks like for the position in Jan or summer.

At the moment, weve got the starting group of Godfrey, Gray, DCL, Richarlison and then Mina, Pickford, Doucoure, Digne in the next older group.

We should be aiming to build an u21 group now to come through, so hopefully that includes a high quality/potential right back and one or two more.
Southampton are simply not selling him for anything short of 40 million to us and we aren't paying that for a player that was availible for 4 million 6 months prior. It didn't take a transfer guru to spot Livramento though so we couldve baulked at the buy back option in the summer.

I imagine we will end up signing that Patterson from Rangers given the interest

Southampton are simply not selling him for anything short of 40 million to us and we aren't paying that for a player that was availible for 4 million 6 months prior. It didn't take a transfer guru to spot Livramento though so we couldve baulked at the buy back option in the summer.

I imagine we will end up signing that Patterson from Rangers given the interest

Where have you come up with £40mil :eek:

Southampton seem to need the money and id guess hed be available at £18-20mil.

Patterson, Mazraoui, Ramsay, Songa, Soppy, Aarons and one or two others I think will be in the mix.

My guess would be Mazraoui as hes out of contract next summer.

Where have you come up with £40mil :eek:

Southampton seem to need the money and id guess hed be available at £18-20mil.

Patterson, Mazraoui, Ramsay, Songa, Soppy, Aarons and one or two others I think will be in the mix.

My guess would be Mazraoui as hes out of contract next summer.
Lol hes not going for 20 mil he's got 5 year contract and is this good already. Norwich wanted 30 for Aarons who is not as good and also not performed as well at the same level. Brighton wanted 50 for Lamptey. You're high if you think he's going for less than 30 any time soon to anyone bar Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.