Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has any American takeover been a success in this country?

People will point at Big Red, but they are successful due to Klopp, the owners havent backed him.
United went from the biggest and best club in the world to a nothing club that exists to earn money for its owners.
Arsenal are plop

The last thing we need is American ownership.
Am American. Can confirm: We are terrible unless we have a vested interest in the team (ie: Steve Cohen w/ NY Mets).

So I guess what is the point in new owners if we are so hamstrung.
There is no guarantee that new people in, when we are basically desperate for a sale is going to put the right people in place to improve us anyway.
It seems only when the stadium is in place, overpaid players have left and we have sold assets can we start to build again.
Can't wait.

No idea at all how American sports work, with the funding and stuff.
Sometimes there are salary caps, sometimes nothing, sometimes a "luxury tax" if you exceed a certain threshold. MLB just implemented a "Steve Cohen tax" because the new owner of the Mets basically said "yeah, I don't care about money, I want to see my team win" and absolutely blew by the luxury tax threshold. Most all sports are entirely funded by TV contracts in their entirety. NFL, MLB, NBA all are 100% paid for with the TV contract alone. But there are limits to what you can spend in all sports but MLB.

Sometimes there are salary caps, sometimes nothing, sometimes a "luxury tax" if you exceed a certain threshold. MLB just implemented a "Steve Cohen tax" because the new owner of the Mets basically said "yeah, I don't care about money, I want to see my team win" and absolutely blew by the luxury tax threshold. Most all sports are entirely funded by TV contracts in their entirety. NFL, MLB, NBA all are 100% paid for with the TV contract alone. But there are limits to what you can spend in all sports but MLB.
They run the clubs as a business, which isnt always a bad thing, but its vanilla, we want chocolate chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.